14 Unbelievable Mormon Wedding Fiascoes


The folks over at LDSLiving.com asked their Facebook followers to share their wedding day fiascoes, and they were kind enough to share the response. Read some of them below:

1. I was left at the temple. My brand new husband left me at the temple…to go to the luncheon. In his defense, he didn’t know he was supposed to wait for me to finish getting dressed so we could go together! Apparently this was something we should have discussed beforehand.  I hitched a ride over to our luncheon with my parents. It was awkward.  –DaNae Slade

2. Our sealing was perfect! It was the next evening at our ring ceremony where there was an issue. On the other side of the door of our stake building’s cultural hall was a dead body. Yep, you read that right. There was a casket on the other side of one of the doors. –Lisa Dougherty Wilde

3. I met my in-laws three days before the wedding. We had freak tornadoes come through, which took out all the power in our area. We had to call relatives to find places to get ready for the wedding, we almost forgot the wedding bands, we drove to Logan, Utah, for the wedding, then back to Blackfoot, Idaho, for a reception that we weren’t even sure we could have because we didn’t know if there was power, then back to Salt Lake City to catch a flight to Florida. We had to travel in a blizzard, and we missed our first flight. Then we got to Florida and I got sick. We ended up in the emergency room after one day at Epcot. –Tara Thomas Gates

4. We arrived at the Salt Lake Temple on our wedding day to check in for our sealing at the recommend desk. I handed my recommend to the brother at the front desk, and then we went in to talk to the recorder. We had to come back out to the lobby for a bag, and then the next thing I knew, my recommend was somehow lost. The brother at the front desk never gave it back to me and it just disappeared. Still have no clue what on earth happened to it! The brother at the recommend desk said we couldn’t go back in because I didn’t have my recommend. After a while, I was in tears on my wedding day because I thought we weren’t going to be able to get married. After an hour of waiting, figuring things out, and calling our stake president to get the go ahead, we finally entered the beautiful sealing room. Our sealing was supposed to start at 1:00 pm but we didn’t start until about 2:15 and then didn’t come out as husband and wife until 3:45. We sure made everyone wait a long time for us. –Ashley Julian McFarlane

5. On the morning of our wedding, my car wouldn’t start! My hubby, fiancé at the time, was able to use his dad’s truck to jump it. We drove about a block or two and it died again! I was trying not to freak out! So we called his dad, and we were able to take his truck to get to the temple on time. That afternoon a family friend and car mechanic replaced the battery free of charge. It was his family’s wedding gift to us. –Jen Biggs

Read the rest of the stories at LDSLiving.com and post your own stories in the comments below!