1. This Life is All There Is
The truth: Life is eternal and God’s work is to lead you to a fulness of joy.
2. It doesn’t matter what you do.
The truth: It does matter what you do; God gave you agency, and your choices lead you farther away or closer to Him.
3. The winner is the one who dies with the most toys.
The truth: Earthly possessions and honors are temporary and fleeting; God wants to give you everything He has — forever, worlds without end. Wow.
4. Only love the people you like.
The truth: It’s your job to love everyone as children of God — all are your brothers and sisters.
5. The more you focus on yourself, the more influence you will have.
The truth: The more you give away, the more your influence grows.
6. There is a checklist for getting to heaven. (Yours will never be completely checked off.)
The truth: Obedience is meant to increase spirituality. Do the things that help you to BE. Be a little more like Jesus every day.
7. What you’ve done is unforgivable.
The truth: The gospel of Jesus Christ “is designed to nourish the imperfect, the struggling and the exhausted” (Apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf). We are all imperfect. That’s what repentance is for.
8. Holding a grudge hurts the person who hurt you.
The truth: We are commanded to forgive because it cleanses us, frees us, and allows us to progress spiritually.
9. It’s not enough to BE good; you have to LOOK good.
The truth: What looks good changes with the whims of fashion. Be well-groomed on the outside and beautiful on the inside. Learn to love yourself as a child of God, and learn how much He loves you.
10. Yours is the only way.
The truth: There are many gifts and many ways to do things. God loves diversity and hopes we will share our gifts so that all are uplifted. That said, there is a living prophet on the earth today; Christ shows us His way through the prophet.
Come worship with us. We are everyday members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.