Uncovering Mormon Women’s History in Utah County

1230
The Pleasant Grove Tithing Office was also used as a Relief Society Hall. Image via Emily W. Jensen.

This article was originally published in Deseret News by Emily W. Jensen. Below is an excerpt.

Disguised as a car dealership, a tithing office or even a garden shed, 19th century Relief Society history dots the Utah County landscape. And participants at the Mormon History Association 50th annual conference uncovered these historical treasures on a Mormon Women’s History tour of Utah County on June 5.

One such historical landmark, the Lehi Relief Society Hall at 212 W. Main St., is now Car Town, a used car dealership. Participants on the tour could see the gables and stucco building behind the car dealership logo.

To read the rest article, go to Deseret News

Bridget is a newsroom writer at LDS.net. She graduated in April 2015 from Brigham Young University in communications with an emphasis of public relations. She served a Spanish speaking LDS mission in McAllen, Texas. She is a skilled pianist and an expert baker of chocolate chip cookies.