The Mormon Channel is helping parents to talk to their children about healthy sexuality in a series of videos featuring licensed family counselors.
The video series, Family Conversations: Talking about Healthy Sexuality, addresses a wide variety of concerns that parents face when talking to their children about sex. The 20 videos in the series answer many questions, among those are the following:
- What if talking about sexual intimacy makes me uncomfortable?
- How often should I talk to my children about healthy sexual intimacy?
- How do we relate to our children when talking about sexual intimacy?
- What’s the biggest difference between what the world teaches and what the gospel teaches about sexuality?
- Should parents just talk about the physical aspect of healthy sexuality?
- Why should you start teaching about intimacy early?
- How do you recognize a good moment to teach about sexual intimacy?
- When talking about sexual intimacy, what should I share with my children?
- Is there help for me to teach my children about sexual intimacy?
- What’s the best thing parents can do to protect children from negative sexual influences?
On Mormon Channel’s YouTube page it states, “Children and youth receive so many toxic and distorted messages about sexual intimacy. The home is the ideal place to teach them. It’s up to parents to teach them plainly and boldly.”
The videos are unlisted on YouTube, making the only way to access them on the Mormon Channel website.