Mt. Lion

Dr T

Guest HEthePrimate

LOL! You can tell I'm in a religious frame of mind today--when I saw the title of your post, I automatically assumed it was a typo and you meant "Mt. Zion!" Joke's on me. :P

Even though I'm a big animal lover, I'd be a little worried, too, if there were a mountain lion running around in my neighborhood. The other day I was watching Little House on the Prairie, an episode in which Charles was attacked by a cougar. He was only hurt a little, fortunately, but it was a rather frightening scene.

They may attack small animals like cats and dogs, or livestock, but I think they generally leave people alone, though I wouldn't let a child run around at night if I knew there was a cougar in the area. In any case, I think the preferable option, if it can be managed, is to tranquilize a dangerous animal like that and transport it to a wild area, rather than kill it. A few years ago there was a black bear running around a populated area of the state I live in--they even caught it on camera! I was very disappointed that they killed the bear even though it was healthy (i.e., no rabies) and had not harmed or threatened anybody, instead of moving it elsewhere.

I hope nobody gets hurt where you are, and that everything works out for the best.

Peace,

DH

Little off subject here but how is Mrs Dr T doing? Have you had the new baby and if not when is it due?

Hey Marsha :) My wife is doing great. Our baby is due at the end of August. Thank you for asking. ^_^

===

Susie,

I'm ABSOLUETLY sure! That is one BIG cat and it sure is not mine.

The worst is snakes usually...

But then again that depends on which part...

Sounds like a job for Saint Patrick. Drive those snakes into the ocean and replace them with four-leaf clovers.

Of course, some of Dr. T's new cats could possibly do the same thing but without the clovers.

Guest Xzain

They ARE NOT MY CATS! I can confidently say to you all "I own no cats (and none own me)" ;)

EXACTLY! Fight the plague of housecats all the way!

DOGS FOREVER!

Although I'll probably have a cat one day... my girlfriend really loves them... *cries*

Guest Xzain

C'mon, dry those tears. You will end up loving it as much as she does...:)

No! Never give in, never surrender! Argh!

*Rushes forward to the battle, then realizes he has no idea what he's fighting.*

Anyway...

Any more sightings of the mountain lion, Dr. T?

I was at a mountain man rendezvous a numbr of years back and, as usual, participated in the Saturday Night pot luck. As luck would have it, I managed to take some of the various game meats that had been prepared.

Included with that was a small piece of mountain lion.

I found out the hard way that I was terribly allergic to cats, because it took almost a full week before the swelling and hives went away.

So, I don't like cats much....with or without catsup.