Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring

Hemidakota

Posted Image

by Henry J. Eyring

Hardcover Book

SKU: 4996433

by Henry J. Eyring

Twice in the final years of his life, Elder Neal A. Maxwell told a grandson of Henry Eyring's, "You need to write your grandfather's story." This is that story of Henry Eyring, perhaps the Church's most acclaimed scientist. It is a book about science and Mormonism, written to be easily understood by newcomers to both subjects. It demonstrates why one of the Church's highest-profile intellectuals was also one of its humblest believers. In fact, this story of Henry Eyring shows how intellect and belief go hand-in-hand and how simple, faithful people can change the world.

DeseretBook.com - Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring

I have been reading this book, it is a wonderful look at being able to blend acadimics with the gosple.

Henry Eyering would often answer critics, as to his study of the theroy of evelution, by saying we are only requiered to accept the truth. He told those who wondered why he dozed in church, it's because I know the church is in good hands.

I have found this to be a very good read and has given me much to think about.

Posted Image

by Henry J. Eyring

Hardcover Book

SKU: 4996433

by Henry J. Eyring

DeseretBook.com - Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring

Henry Eyring was my Hero. As a graduate student, I chose the field of Chemical and Biochemical Kinetics. Eyring was the father of modern chemical kinetics and it was based on his theories that I developed my concept of biochemical kinetics and our labrotories contribution to an understanding of the complex reactions involved in human drug metabolism and elimination.

Larry P