"How Can I Be" Book of Mormon Heroes song on Ukuleles

Heather

I've been so touched by this song that I made it a part of my profile. My wife has a ukulele and my new mission in life is to be able to play this song. ^_^

Here's a good article about the author of the song and his experience including the lyrics (for you, Truegrits), though they seem different from the above video. Maybe those guys added a few. I like the version in the first post better. The tempo and harmonizing is better but the one in the following link is nice, too.

Mormon Times - Missionaries inspire members through song

Edited by skalenfehl

~~~skalenfehl:

I've been so touched by this song that I made it a part of my profile. My wife has a ukele and my new mission in life is to be able to play this song. ^_^

Here's a good article about the author of the song and his experience including the lyrics (for you, Truegrits), though they seem different from the above video. Maybe those guys added a few. I like the version in the first post better. The tempo and harmonizing is better but the one in the following link is nice, too.

Thanks. I loved reading the lyrics. (I prefer the written word over audio.)

I agree with you, that the original version with the three singers was better.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Although, the three guys did a good job singing this song, I still like the original version. The third verse that was added by these three guys (hopefully they asked for permission) was good but did not fit along with the whole song and the reason why was it written. The song was about the heroes of the Book of Mormon after the author read the whole book from cover to cover before his mission.