going on a missionquestions...

hi2u

hi im planning on going on a missiona and have all my papers filled out and im at the age of 20 im a male and live in central united states.

im just wondering what you guys think if i have my stake pres meeting july 3rd and have the papers turned in the next day, who thinks i would at the mtc by the day i put im avaiable which is august 15, i put the 15th because i really dont wanna go tell the 26th so me and my gf can have as much time as possible together without one of us being home alone with really no friends left and we would be all depressed without one another and not doing anything really until we left...

im just worried i might not be able to go until the end of september now because i heard it takes about 2months for you to go on your mission after you send in the papers.

does any1 have any answers?

You are right, you most likely won't be leaving on your misson for about 2 months after you get your mission call. It has been that way for a while now but there are a few cases where you will leave pretty quick after you get your call. Just remember that you must love the Lord more than anything so it shouldn't matter when you leave.

Guest Username-Removed

I got my call (Ok, that was many years ago) pretty quick. Then I had about a month to report to the MTC.

For me, I didnt have a girlfriend when I was waiting to go, so I really cant relate to that. I just tried to understand everything the mission and the MTC was about before I left. The MTC was a great experience for me. I did miss my parents, and I knew it was going to be quite a change for me, with all the mission rules and procedures. There were times when the changes seemed to be instant! That first step into the world away from the secure environment of home was a leap of faith. Its something that everyone needs to learn. Prioritizing ones life so that God is first is one of the first big lessons learned.

Today, when we sing the opening song in Priesthood, I am instantly reminded of those songs we young men sang, loudly and boldly in the MTC every evening before bed. The unity of everyone was really amazing and it showed when we all sang. I made some great friends there and I learned a lot.

Good luck with your mission!

Guest Lexish

I think it also depends on where you are called to serve. My boyfriend was called to Russia, he got the letter in December and didn't report to the MTC until April. That is a good four months there, so he could prepare for all the different things he would need to buy for a totally different culture/climate. Just sayin'. A lot of people have the idea that they can go pretty fast, but there are on average between 4 and 5 thousand people at the MTC, so they must have a pretty delicate system.

• 1 month later...