Golf

bytor2112

I have a new set of Ping I-10 irons and Ping G-5 Driver. I got rid of my Taylor Made irons and really love the Pings. I also had a Taylor Made R-5 driver that I hit very straight and long. I now have a horrible slice with my new driver. I went from a 10.5 degree loft to a 9 degree loft? Any slice advice?:cool:

Guest GhostRider

I LOVED the G5! Had a set of cobra SSI Irons that I sold to move up here. Man I miss Playing. One problem. Due to injury cant anymore. Bummer! and I worked at a golf course! that was actually fun.

Bytor. I would try to get the same shaft put on your driver. Had the same thing happen when I snapped my pitching wedge a few years ago. Old Faithful turned into..."Now where in the heck does the ball think its going?" I spent more tine in the woods than the Rangers did! Turned out that I wasnt used to the new shaft. After many long hours at the range. (Should read hitting balls out of the woods with my own club while working!) It got a lot better. Mostly I hadto adjust a bit to the club. after that I found one with the same shaft as the original and went back to hittingthe same shots as I did. the other thing is it could be the loft messing you up. Your used to hitting the ball at a certain spot and its not there anymore. I would try a local golf pro and see whats up. It helped my game tremendously!

I wish I could have some helpful advise for your slice..but I don't!

I just wanted to say that my husband plays with the same set of King Cobra's he got 15 years ago! He's bought and sold many sets including the Ping's that ya'll love so much...and yet he keeps going back to those same King Cobra's! They've served him well all these years... :)

Guest GhostRider

ahhhhh Mark Twain!

When I lived in Texas I payed about everyday. had a decent handicap. then..got hurt and took it up after a year or so. Went to put in my handicap and the computer lauged...gave it up soon after!

• 1 month later...

Slice advise, I used to have a horrible slice also. I slowed down my swing a bit and went with a 10* Callaway Warbird (which is 10+ years old). I'm strong enough, for the courses I play (one fairway is 500+ yards long) I can get to where I need to go with rescue woods off the tee.

I'm using Bazooka irons that my dad won in a tournament.

But I still find the axiom: "drive for show, putt for dow" to be absolutely accurate. It doesn't do much good to get to the green in 2 when you 3 putt.

O43

Guest GhostRider

the thing is O43...it helps to at least get past the ladies tee on your drive! that ws me when i first started..couldnt hit the "Big Dawg" at all! would go anywhere but straight...then if it went straight..didnt go far...after working with a swing coach...wow did it help....but u are correct...most of the shots that count are on the green. I have seen so many matches lost due to poor putting. the funny thing is..i have found that the hours spent on the practice greens and the range realy make a differeance..when i lived in texas would either play...or hit the range every day..just the old..practice practice practice....then when i didnt for a long time...oh boy..did it show! Even when I worked at the course in GA would alsways have a few clubs with me if I could..we all did..and would practice on holes. lil impromtu fouresomes...think caddy shack gone really bad! lol... Man..I want to go play again!!! hmmmm...just might! will stink. but hey..its the exercise that counts right? lol