Do non-mormons go to hell

Solus

Rich, when we look at the term progressioin, I was referring to the Intelligence that were selected by the FATHER to make his sons and daughters that was of a lesser order. What was their previous state to make it to this level of awareness, in order to be given a chance to inherit a spirit body? Joseph receive D&C 132 revelation and it contains the fact that those who receive less than the Celestial Kingdom will not be able to obtain the state were GOD or GODs reside. However, looking back at the past with the state of intelligences in progessing and using John the Revelator comment, was given certain information about a "white stone" that will be given to each soul who is assigned to the celestial kingdom: "To him that over-cometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it", does give new meaning that there is higher order than the Celestial state.

For more clarity concerning the 'White Stone', Prophet Joseph Smith explains, the meaning of the white stone to be given those who are entitled to receive it. Said he: "the white stone mentioned in Revelation, 2:17, will become a urim and thummim to each individual who receives one. Whereby things pertaining to a higher order of kingdoms will be made known; and a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word."

The importance of the "white stone" is more fully understood when it is realized that the presence of God, is "on a globe like a sea of glass and fire." The place where God resides is a great urim and thummim. This earth in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a urim and thummim to the inhabitants that dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ's."

Even if there is progession from the telestial to another, the Godhead will not be there but moved on for those who think they can reached that level. As Elder Bruce McConkie wrote:

Only at times, I will not agree with what is said by Elder McConkie, this happens to be one of them. Progression on both ends of the spectrum is seen, whether it is Intelligences or matter that GOD cannot create, or those higher kingdoms as Joseph Smith described, what happens in between is not very clear and what is term eternal. We do not have the fullness of information to equate what is eternal as to a linear line of time.

It would appear that the Buddhist doctrine of “reincarnation” is not so far off the mark – just that we are not “borne” into mortality several times to progress. It would also appear that all “intelligence” seeks out that level that it will and not what others (including G-d) would will upon it - which is the answer to the question that started this thread. I have said many times and I believe it to be true - that G-d will not force anyone into heaven or hell but that we end up where we have chosen by what we want. In other words - anyone that wants to go to Hell will not be prevented from it; regardless of their religion, belief or whatever.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably if they are bad people, just like bad people who are Mormons. I watched "Searching for God in America" many years ago. Elder Maxwell was interviewed and was bascially asked this same question. His answer (in paraphrase) was: When I was young I would have told you yes. But now that I am older I can't answer that way.

In my own personal opinion, I find it hard to believe that people as wonderful as Mother Theresa, Albert Schweitzer, Thich Nhat Hanh, and others who have spent their lives serving others, living King Benjamin's speech on service will be standing outside the door.

But, that's just my opinion.

Jon