Date Christ Died

MrNirom

Just wondering if anyone has an idea on when Christ died. I heard it was in April.. but what has me confused it the testimony of the Book of Mormon. In 3 Nephi 8 it says:

5 And it came to pass in the a*thirty and fourth year, in the first month, on the fourth day of the month, there arose a great storm, such an one as never had been known in all the land.

Now this was the sign that Christ had been slain. It states here.. 1st month. Is that the same as our now 4th month?

Thanks in Advance.

Yes it is. In fact April Fool's day came from the fact that the year used to begin on April 1st. I don't remember when it was changed to January. But when it was there was a group of people that still celebrated new years day on April 1st. Those people were dubbed April Fools and jokes were played on them.

Yes it is. In fact April Fool's day came from the fact that the year used to begin on April 1st. I don't remember when it was changed to January. But when it was there was a group of people that still celebrated new years day on April 1st. Those people were dubbed April Fools and jokes were played on them.

I never knew that. Where did you learn this? But does this correspond to Christ's birth rather than death?

Celestial witnesses testify of the accuracy of the New Testament account that Christ broke the bands of death on Easter Sunday, 3 April, A.D. 33. The two morning stars, Venus and Mercury, appeared to be cutting one of the bands in the "Bands of Death" constellation, while the other was being severed by the slowest moving hand on the great Celestial Clock.

Hi All...to figure out the day that Jesus was crucified...one would have to know the Calender of Enoch....which is a Solar calender....meaning walking by the the greater light.

Now Jesus was crucified on the real passover date...which is a certain number of days after the spring equinox.

The only way for Jesus to be crucified on the real passover date would be if the Hebrew adopted another type of Calender..[Lunar Calender] where an error could be introduced...and so they would crucify Jesus on a day which was not Holy according to their calender.

It is not my intention to teach the calender of Enoch...here and God because of the wickedness of men allowed this calender to be relegated to the past. When Zion is on the Earth so will this calendar be again on the earth. When a man is commanded again to walk by this calendar....All the feasts days, holy days,,,,and sabbaths shall always fall on the correct day of the week. For example the first true Sabbath according to the times specified by the Lord is 3 days after the Spring Equinox. Because of wickedness of men...The Lord allowed men to declare their seventh day according to their calendar as Holy. This works for the Jews as well as for the Christians.

One of Jesus symbology is the lamb..which are born in the spring. And the lamb is used for Atonement.

Jesus was crucified in April as well as born on the same day that he was crucified even at the same time...For Jesus was both the day of deliverance for his people [delivered from Egypt [ie world] and the day of Atonement [Reconciliation].

That is all I wish to say on this at this time.

Peace be unto you

bert10

Just wondering if anyone has an idea on when Christ died. I heard it was in April.. but what has me confused it the testimony of the Book of Mormon. In 3 Nephi 8 it says:

5 And it came to pass in the a*thirty and fourth year, in the first month, on the fourth day of the month, there arose a great storm, such an one as never had been known in all the land.

Now this was the sign that Christ had been slain. It states here.. 1st month. Is that the same as our now 4th month?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by bert10

I think it is obvious now. The Book of Mormon told us it was the 1st month, 4th day. So now knowing that they changed the 1st of the year from April to Jan.. it computes that he died on the 4th of April.. and was resurrected on the 6th of April.

I just did not know that the 1st of the year was in April. So the purpose of this thread was to explain the notion that April 6th was much more important than just the day the Church was organized.

Thank you all!

Yes ....GOD cares. But men are not able to live the laws of the Celestial Kindom which are also the laws of Zion. The calender of Enoch will give men the correct times and seasons according to God taught Enoch in heaven. At this time...our times are in error.

In Zion there shall be no votes on this matter...either one will wish to walk by the greater light or one will wish to walk by the lesser light.

And besides why would someone vote to use a calender where the names of pagan gods which are demons to mark the months and days of the week?

Peace be unto you

bert10

You really think God gives a flying porta-potty as to which calendar we use?

I vote we use the Orthodox Christian calendar.

And besides why would someone vote to use a calender where the names of pagan gods which are demons to mark the months and days of the week?

All religions have some of the Light, some of the Truth. What, pray tell, is wrong with remembering the ancients and their beliefs?

Should I never read the Odyssey?

Note: This is rhetorical.

You really think God gives a flying porta-potty as to which calendar we use?

I vote we use the Orthodox Christian calendar.

According to the ancients (for example the father of John the Baptist) the calendar was important to G-d. It is also interesting to note that Jesus used a solar calendar for Passover - contrary to most Jews of the time - the Orthodox Christian calendar and the calendars of our modern era.

The Traveler

All religions have some of the Light, some of the Truth. What, pray tell, is wrong with remembering the ancients and their beliefs?

Very good thought - most today do not know the difference between the so called pagans and traditional Christians.

The Traveler

Very true....but awareness is a prelude to change for some.- Ignorance which is also called darkness and it is what rules the world and it must be so. For now at least - for the prophecies of Isaiah concerning

1. Men calling good evil and evil good.

2. That men transgress the law, change the ordinances and break the everlasting covenant

..are fulfilled...

Most are not aware that we are at this time living in Babylon. The calendar is just one example by which we have been lulled into desecrating the times and seasons of GOD. Many do not know this...but most are pronouncing the names of Pagan deities which were demons more often than the name of God. For example...Thursday....Thor's day. March...comes from the god of war...Mars or Ares.

What is scary is the extent that we are living in Babylon in this society and most are totally oblivious to it.

Peace be unto you

bert10

Very good thought - most today do not know the difference between the so called pagans and traditional Christians.

The Traveler

Julius Caesar reformed the Western calendar to have 365 days and twelve months. He named the month of July after himself.

Either I read or dreamed up that a month was also named after Caesar's grandnephew (and adopted son) Octavian. However, Octavian was later bestowed the title/name of Augustus (the Revered One) by the Senate, and he ended up becoming the military dictator of Rome.

So, either August or October could be named after Octavian (later known as Augustus).

I just thought that was interesting. :huh:

It is amazing that nearly 2000 years ago, we had a calendar with 365 days in it. Today we use the Gregorian Calender from 1582 onward which is a more accurate calendar than the Julian calendar on which it is based: .

Here is a quote from Wikipedia on the difference-a bit complicated:

"The changes made by Gregory corrected the drift in the civil calendar which arose because the mean Julian calendar year (exactly 365 1/4 days) was slightly too long, causing the vernal equinox, and consequently the date on which Easter was being celebrated, to drift slowly forward in relation to the civil calendar and the seasons.

The Gregorian calendar system dropped 10 days to bring the calendar back into synchronization with the seasons and, to keep it there, adopted the following leap year rule:

Every year that is exactly divisible by four is a leap year, except for years that are exactly divisible by 100; the centurial years that are exactly divisible by 400 are still leap years. For example, the year 1900 was not a leap year; the year 2000 was a leap year.

In the Julian calendar, all years exactly divisible by 4 are leap years."

Source:

Gregorian calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Julius Caesar reformed the Western calendar to have 365 days and twelve months. He named the month of July after himself.

Either I read or dreamed up that a month was also named after Caesar's grandnephew (and adopted son) Octavian. However, Octavian was later bestowed the title/name of Augustus (the Revered One) by the Senate, and he ended up becoming the military dictator of Rome.

So, either August or October could be named after Octavian (later known as Augustus).

I just thought that was interesting. :huh:

If one looks at US Navy tables...there are only two dates were the the Spring Equinox occurred at around 3 pm.

It has been a long time since I have looked at it...I do not remember off hand how many days after the Spring Equinox is the real passover.....and the reason why this stuff is not sticking into my mind...is I believe that it is not time to teach this yet. At least not from me.

Peace be unto you

bert10

What day was Passover that year (oops, don't know the exact year - but 6 BC has been bandied about)?

Anyone know a calendar kid that can tell us what day?

Thanks for letting me know that it was rhetorical....but you do put down some really interesting point of views.

Your two comments could be used to demonstrate some really interesting stuff.

Pontius Pilate also said rhetorically to Jesus what is Truth! Imagine what would have happened if he had been prepared to received it.

Peace be unto you

bert10