Global warming???

Traveler

There are a number of current studies concerning deep ocean volcanoes at the North Polar Region. More than manmade climate changes this could account more logically for the melting of polar ice. Also – Remember when I highlighted the volcano at the South Pole? The melting of the polar ice in the north will not change the ocean levels but melting the southern polar ice will.

Bit by bit all the excitement over global climate change as human cause is coming out to be more politics than science but if you are Chicken Little it is more exciting to to be parodied and blame America and the economy of freedom.

The Traveler

The thing that entertains me about the Global Warming controversy is everyone picks a side and assumes that there is a right and a wrong side. I find that in spats like this one, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. In this case I would guess that the earth is experiencing a climate change that is in fact natural, but that the climate change is being pushed to a new extreme because of human behavior.

Interpretation: There may not be much we can do to alleviate the effects of global warming, but that doesn't mean we should sit back and do nothing.

Throughout this century, environmental responsibility is going to play a big role in how the world shapes out.

I'm reading a fascinating book about how natural climate changes have altered, and in some cases destroyed, civilizations. They notice, for example, that the history of expansion/weakening/destruction of the Roman empire and the ancient Egyptian kingdoms goes right along with the growing climatic record of things like severe droughts, and shifting ocean and weather patterns. The picture they're painting, is that civilization is basically a gift of warm and wet cycles of changing weather patterns.

I'm thinking in the next 50 years, our scientists might start thinking they know enough about what causes these things to start advocating for humans to tamper with our environment in controlled ways.

Interesting stuff.

Book: The Long Summer

LM

I'm thinking in the next 50 years, our scientists might start thinking they know enough about what causes these things to start advocating for humans to tamper with our environment in controlled ways.

50 years? Does everyone here believe that this earth "as it is" today will be around in 50 years?

I wonder what the process is for this telestial earth to become terrestrial? We know that the Earth must be terrestrial for Christ to reign his 1000 years.

Edited by MrNirom

50 years? Does everyone here believe that this earth "as it is" today will be around in 50 years?

I do.

I wonder what the process is for this telestial earth to become terrestrial? We know that the Earth must be terrestrial for Christ to reign his 1000 years.

I don't know what the process will be any more than anyone else. But I find no reason to believe golbal warming, manmade or otherwise, has anything to do with the 2nd coming.

LM

• 2 weeks later...

Man-made global warming appears to be, like so many politicized "science" issues today, another unscientific theory. Looking at who gains from the promotion of such an unsound idea we find that...

* the idea of a threat justifies or excuses more laws to be passed to "protect" us. Governmental power thus increases and reaches further into our lives even to the point of a secular religion.

* like other such ideas, it is used to set up a mentality of self-righteousness among less-minded people. It sets those who take such an attitude against those who question it. It causes division and ultimately will cause persecution. This is already beginning to happen. This again plays into the hands of those who would wish to control our lives.

We've had enough clues from the fraudulent and baseless teachings of the environmental movement; the fact that a top Green Movement woman turned whistleblower and wrote a book about the real nature of the movement ("communism with a face lift" was how she described it) should alone have been enough to make thinking people wake up and stop being hoodwinked by the same perverse philosophies simply because of a change in name and stated focus. But people never seem to learn from history :(

Check out this link. And stop drinking the kool aid.

Independent Individualist

And check out this one so that you can get another POV.

JunkScience.com -- Steven Milloy, Publisher

There is nothing wrong with a 4th grade understanding of science....if you are a fourth grader (Climate Change Fraud banner)

aaawwww come on.....the kool aid is good......:D

I'm not a rampant greenie, but I think wise stewardship is commonsense. If it's practical and useful to do things that are going to make the environment in which you live a nice place then why not? I don't think we need to live in a world without technological advances in order to do that...but I'm bothered by the idea of doing whatever you like. Extremist millitant greenies also bother me and I've heard enough about Al Gore for one lifetime...but anti-evironment is just not productive...I'm pro having a nice spot in the world to live. After what's happened to the Murray River in our foodbowl agricultural area I just don't think anti-environment is sound reasoning. Eating is good. Why would anyone have a problem with that?

I agree - the gospel teaches us that we should be tidy, clean, respectful, love God's creations, use them as was intended, and be wise stewards.

Most extreme movements and false philosophies and practices use good things like this (as a goal) to justify their methods. But in the methods they seek to accomplish something very different...

Being wise stewards requires having a stewardship - it is critical. But bad environmental movements teach that we should have less of a stewardship (property) by either having government take it from us or pass regulations that place it beyond out full control (ownership is meaningless if you cannot control your property).

What happened with the Murray is that we now have salt plains...the water table is stuffed...land that cannot grow anything and is poisonous and is difficult to reclaim and fix. Drought, industry and a high degree of agriculture. Notice I didn't add global warming to that list...it's just that river...and it's a result of bad practice.