Book of the Month for July?

MarginOfError

So, I'm about to finish reading The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)...I thought it might be fun to pick a book now and see if anybody wants to read it simultaneously. I was thinking about Everything Is Illuminated as I've wanted to read that for a while now, but not sure how many people on this board would appreciate it. Any thoughts?

Hey you had the same idea I did. I"m game..but I just started "The Host" so need to finish that. But I have a month so have plenty of time.

BTW Margin..I think you are pretty cool.

I've heard the Host is really good once you can get into it. It's just taking awhile to get into it. I'm really lost at this point in the book.

Okay, I started reading it yesterday, and after only 30 pages, I'm in stitches.

I was standing at the bus stop and reading yesterday, and read about how 1969 was a momentous year. I laughed so hard (in humor and shock) that I almost fell off the curb into the street. Hopefully I survive the rest of the book.

I also love the literal translation from Russian into English. I can hear a lot of these phrases in Russian as I read them. So far, my favorite is, 'there are many women who are wanting to be carnal with me.' Classic!

Now, don't dub me that!

And now for something completely different.... 100 posts! My life dream has come true.