Ultimate Frisbee

VisionOfLehi

If you haven't played Ultimate Frisbee you are missing out.

The basics are, You try to throw the frisbee to somebody else on your team, You can NOT run with it (Some people use a two step rule, kind of like two steps in basketball).

If your team drops it, its a turnover and the other team gets it. You try to move the frisbee down the field until you cross the goal line. Usually you have to throw it across the line (You can run it in)

You can kind of gaurd players to try to knock the frisbee out of there hand, but usually you have to give them a little room (depending on how strict you are).

There usually are different stratagies. Sometimes just doing quick short throws work best, sometimes if you can get a long throw it stretch the field out.

Fun stuff! I even have a DVD on how to play it (it came with my Frisbee) I haven't watch it yet.

Edited by tubaloth

Guest GhostRider

Ya got hurt? hmmmm sounds like my kind of sport!!!! JK!

I remember frisbee golf being really popular in the conroe area...played it once or twice.it wa kinda fun! Actually! had a ball!!!!!

As for the hole being near the lake...like in golf it is called a hazzard! Oh how I remember those days of hitting the ball and like a magnetic force the ball would automaticaally head for the wet stuff...

Have fun junior!

Ya got hurt? hmmmm sounds like my kind of sport!!!! JK!

I remember frisbee golf being really popular in the conroe area...played it once or twice.it wa kinda fun! Actually! had a ball!!!!!

As for the hole being near the lake...like in golf it is called a hazzard! Oh how I remember those days of hitting the ball and like a magnetic force the ball would automaticaally head for the wet stuff...

Have fun junior!

You sound like the elders in my mission. They used to ride their bikes of jumps and cliffs and whatever else and come to Zone Mtg bragging about their cuts and scrapes and broken limbs. They brought pics! The more blood the better. It was extreme sports gone off the deep end....! :::::shaking my head:::::

Guest GhostRider

Saw some guys playing Frisbee Foot ball today at the park..looked more like Rugby! they asked if i wanted to join...politely said no tanks...lil too old for that!!

They are stting up friolf here too at the same park...should be fun and might give it a go