Mma

Vort

Hi, I'm new here. Anyone interested in MMA? Anyone think it's Satan-spawn? Any opinions at all about it? Anyone actually train in it, or related disciplines (muay thai, sub wrestling, etc.)?

Anyone else think Fedor is going to dominate an admittedly underrated Tim Sylvia on Saturday? Anyone else buying the Afflication ppv just to annoy Dana White? (Speaking of which, does anyone really believe Anderson Silva's lhw debut fight goes past round 1?)

When Sikahema knocked Canseco down, did he pounce on top of him and start raining down blows from the mounted position until he could secure a joint lock or choke him out?

No?

Aw, that ain't MMA. That's just wimp fighting with balloon gloves. I think they call that "American Gladiator".

I was called by my Bishop to go to the hospital today to give a blessing to one of our Teachers in the ward who was in the emergency room. He was leaving summer school on Friday, riding his bike, all of a sudden he was hit on the chin by a fist that he doesn't know where it came from. When he woke up the blood on his face was already dry. He does not know how long he was out but thinks it was at least an hour since he got right up and went home. Without telling his parents he went to bed and slept until the next day. When he got up on Saturday with a massive bruise on his face and his mother asked him what happened he told her what he could remember. They filed a police report and the police told them that this has happened four or five times recently and that these guys were doing this and then posting video of it on YouTube. On Tuesday the boy got up and couldn't even stand. He was taken to the hospital with a severe concussion, broken bone chips in his face and badly bruised ribs. These cowards jumped this boy so they could do a video. Couldn't even fight like men one on one but as a pack. I hope they are caught and I know a few guys who would like to go a round or two with this pack. Me included.

Is this brought on by UFC, MMA and or the likes of the show Jackass? I don't know but it is of great concern.

Ben Raines

How absolutely horrible for something like that to happen. How cowardly and so lacking in any feeling for another fellow being. I always wonder what goes through the mind of the person that can do something like that. And to be proud of it; to video it; to show it to others? How sick! But how sick are we, as a society, that it is watched and enjoyed by thousands???

I agree that is awful.

To answer the post I train in MMA have been for two years on my own and for awhile in USAF Combatives. I have done: Folkstyle wrestling,Brazilan Jiu-Jitsu,Tae-Kwondo,and other stuff from Muay Thai,etc. Fedor is a beast that is all I am going to say about that.

36 seconds?!

36 SECONDS?!

Un.

be.

lievable.

I figured Fedor would win, but 36 seconds? Uh-uh.

By my count:

Sylvia: 1 punch thrown, 0 landed, 0 sub attempts

Emelianenko: 18 punches thrown, 18 landed, 1 sub attempt

Win, Fedor Emelianenko, 36 seconds round 1 by RNC.

WOW

Btw, Anderson Silva was off his game in the UFC event. It took him over a minute -- 61 seconds, to be exact -- to knock James Irvin out in his first-ever light heavyweight match.

But after that Affliction card, the UFN event was nothing but an asterisk. Good stuff, anyway.