What is your favorite temple?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been inside London & Logan & they are beautiful in their own ways.From the outside my fav is San Diego -it looks a Princesses Palace.I also love the LA & SLC temple.

The Preston Temple is beautiful too. London has the nicest grounds off any Temple I have visited.

Nauvoo is my favorite Temple. My wife and I along with three of our children went through it before the dedication. We walked all over town. We ended up at Carthage (we drove there). First time I cried in years. It truly is a very special place for me.

If you went on a tour there is a slight chance that my wife and I conducted your tour thru the temple....

I love the Chicago, St Louis and Nauvoo temple. The Chicago one because that is where my sister and I did the work for our parents and brother, St. Louis Because that is where we were endowed and the nauvoo temple because It is beautiful and because of the history and the sacrafice the early saints went through and it is the temple in my district.

Hi,

The Hong Kong temple is the most incredibel temple. Of course each has its own spirit. For example, the Manti temmple is very special for other reasons, as well as San Deigo (see dobuel 'D; in a box symbolism).

When going to Hong Kong, the night before the trip my wife was awakened by the Spirit, with a not-so-still voice, saying, "your recommends expired yesterday." I may have shared this but we got the Bishop up at 6 A.M. and the Stake Pres counselor and got our recommends.

When we got to the temple there is a sign on the front recommend desk that states in short and in the vernacular "We don't care if your recommend expried 10 minutes ago, if it is expired, you cannot enter the temple." We were so glad for the Spirit to tell us (or my wife).

We got a special tour and it was very very spiritual.

Abraham

I love the Redlands CA temple! I was able to go to the open house with my boyfriend (now husband), in-laws, and my parents. My parents are not members (and I wasn't at the time) and were able to see the sealing room and experience what it was like. My husband and I hope to be sealed in the Redlands temple at the end of the year since my parents were able to experience the temple with us.

I must say I love all the temples. I guess the Logan might be my favorite since I grew up there. That is one of the reasons we have started a new website with Temple Greeting Cards. It combines our love of the temples with our love of photography. Check it out sometime at:

lds-cards.com

or click the index button index

:)

• 1 year later...

Posted Image

I'm partial to the Oakland Temple. The view from it is even more dramatic than in the picture. It looks out over the whole bay, it's probably the prettiest view of San Fransisco from anywhere.

San Diego is a close second, it looks like sugar crystals.

Edited by pam
Picture too big

Mine is Salt Lake for sure. I think it's beautiful inside and out. I received my endowments there and was sealed there.

I live outside of Portland now and have to say that the Portland temple is also pretty amazing.

I used to live in Boise and that temple was pretty blah.

The Boise temple is a reminder that what goes on in the temple is more important than what's on the outside :P

My family was sealed in the Salt Lake temple, and it will always be my favorite because of that. But wowowow the San Diego temple is totally unearthly.

I like the Boise, I like the Nauvoo, I like the Mesa, I like the Calgary

I like the Anchorage, I like the San Diego..

boom deyada boom deyada boom deyada boom.

Sorry I couldn't resist.