What is your favorite temple?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite temple is the one in my heart. What does God need with a building?

Actually Jim my patience is running quite thin. You come to an lds message board yet state things that are contrary to what we believe.

That comment is rude. Temples are held in high regards in our religion and to come here and say that..Is as bytor said..rude and ignorant.

Hidden

My purpose is not be rude, but rather to show truth. When I was new here I wanted to learn as much as I could about the LDS. I learnded that I love all of you enough so that I am willing to be called names and battered on this site so that the true gospel can be revealed to you. I know that my time here is short. I expect the moderators to turn me off soon so that the other here will not get a chance to hear about the "good news". It is funny, I have been called all kinds of things on this site. From troll to stupid to athiest and so on. It is the moderators opinion that I am the rude person. I have never used these kinds of potty mouth tactics yet I am the one who is in violation all the time just because I speak for God. Again I do not mean to be rude, however what does God need with a building?

Have you been to the Portland temple? The grounds are gorgeous, and it really is tucked into the trees. You can see it from the I-5, but when you're driving down the residential street to actually get to it, you can't see it until you're upon it, because the pine trees around it are so tall.

Nope, never been! Just seen it while driving by on the freeway. I'll check it out some day - it sounds great:)

I'm biased towards Provo, since that was where I was endowed and married... plus, I see it all the time, so it's comforting and familiar. Funnily enough, back when I was in the singles ward, EVERY engaged couple got married in Timpanogos or SLC, despite the fact that we all lived in Provo! My roommate at the time was completely taken aback when I told her I was getting married in the Provo temple. I like it, though, even if nobody else does.

Posted Image

Edited by annamaureen

My favorites are the Washington, DC and Mesa, AZ temples. Now that I am living in Anchorage, Alaska I will add that temple to my favorite list. Although I cannot go through it yet I do like to go over there and just walk the grounds, It is a very calm and peaceful feeling.

I remember the cheer that went up in Fairbanks when that temple was announced, first time I'd ever heard cheering at general conference.

Well, I haven't been through the temple yet, but DC is my favorite. I grew up in Baltimore, and drove by it as a child all the time never knowing what it was (there was a time I seriously thought it was the Emerald City from Wizard of Oz; fanciful child I was). Moved west to Hawaii where I got to go to tour the grounds of the Laie, Hawaii temple still not knowing really what it was. Then off to California where I FINALLY converted and always felt a little disconnected from the idea that I would be endowed in Oakland. Well, I wasn't and here I am back in DC and I'll be endowed there, and with any luck, my husband will convert and we'll be sealed there. Full circle. It might just be my Emerald City :D

OK, favorites; and I didn't see these ones posted already :o

Jordan River, because that's where my family was sealed when I was a kid and I loved it.

Posted Image

Vernal, UT, because it has history and I did a lot of baptisms for the dead there; my claim to fame is that I was there with family names the day after dedication; 7th person into the font that day.

Posted Image

And the Albuquerque Temple, because that's probably where we are going to get our sealing.

Posted Image

Though I'm still holding out for Manti... it was a favorite when I was 13 or so, and still holds a special place in my heart.