If you have money and time, what sacred, historical, LDS-related places you want to visit?

gomspal

I've been to Joseph Smith's birthplace. You can really feel the Spirit there. I've also been to Palmyra a couple times. It is awesome there. Nauvoo is really cool. I spent 3 days there. I've also been to Salt lake several times. I really enjoy all of these places. I missed Kirtland, due to time constraints, so I would like to go there. I really enjoy visiting Temples as I travel. I've been to like 13 Temples. Each one is a peaceful experience. I just went to St. George last summer. That was nice. I enjoy all the red rock. I think I would like to go to Palmyra again as all my digital pictures were lost when our computer crashed. The Pagent is really nice. My Wife and I are moving to Salt Lake area in 4 or 5 years. I think then we'll hit Kirtland on the way across. But we may stop in Texas, so I'm not so sure. I'm trying to think of other sites that there are.

Rich

My title is kinda long, but I am just curious, if you have time and money, what places would you visit? I would love to visit all the operating LDS temples in the world. How about you?

btw good question and good thread to start.

Every time I hear "Babylon" I always think of this verse:

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Babylon was at the seat of the cradle of civilization. So much has sprung out of that Fertile Cresent area. Abraham came from there and many of the Bible stories had their genesis in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Babylon was at the seat of the cradle of civilization. So much has sprung out of that Fertile Cresent area. Abraham came from there and many of the Bible stories had their genesis in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

I also thing "O' Babylon, O' Babylon, we bid thee farewell. We're going to the mountains of Ephraim to dwell."