A Baptist Minister Testifies of the Book of Mormon

Excellent questions, Dove. I came to LDStalk (which eventually became LDSnet) a little under three years ago, after an encounter with anti-LDS politics, aimed at a school board member. The incident spurred my interest in learning more about this religion--especially since I am a chaplain, and part of my work is to accommodate the religious practices of inmates, a few of whom belong to your church.

I lurked, posted a bit, and received a warm reception. Over the months I made friends, learned a good deal about the LDS faith, and shared some about my own, which happens to be Assemblies of God (a "classic pentecostal" church, with trinitarian beliefs about the nature of the Almighty). After nearly two years, the board administrator asked me to become a moderator, and, in response to prayer, I accepted. So...here I am. :)

So when is your baptism date? :D

Haha I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! Nah, PC, you're great just the way you are. I wish more Mormons were as Christian as you've shown yourself to be.

So when is your baptism date? :D

Haha I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! Nah, PC, you're great just the way you are. I wish more Mormons were as Christian as you've shown yourself to be.

Well...one good turn deserves another...it's . . .

:lol:

May ...

1980 (I was 16 when I was baptized) . . .

:P

Love ya bunches! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I also found what he said to be rather interesting, and think this could do a lot to removing much of the prejudice that is against Mormons among other Christians.

Sometimes it is hard for us to understand how someone can accept the Book of Mormon without accepting the rest of the package, but it doesn't mean that doing what he is doing is not also good.