Fablehaven

skalenfehl

Has anyone read this series yet? I just got through the first book and am about to plow through the second. I was skeptical at first because I really haven't been into fairy fantasy stories for, oh, about 30 years now (I was converted to sci-fi fantasy by the likes of Buck Rogers and Star Wars). By the time I got to chapter five of this book, I was hooked. I don't care for Harry Potter, but if you like that kind of genre, then I highly recommend this series. It's a very easy, but compelling read.

Fablehaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks!

I have seen these advertised on the DeseretBook website...but wasn't sure if they would capture me.

I really like Cornelia Funk (Dragon Rider, etc.), Elizabeth Haydon (The Lost Journals of Ven Polypheme), R.D. Henham (Red Dragon Codex), J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia), and many more.

The next time I get a chance to get a book from Deseret, I will have to pick up a copy of Fablehaven.

Thanks again for the recommend! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I've read this series, It's a good one. When my grown son came to visit, he started reading them as well, and took them home with him he liked them so much. He started it and liked it so much he swiped them right off the shelf! He just had to finish it. I can hope he'll bring them back next time he visits :).

• 4 weeks later...

Normally I would have plowed through book two within a couple days, but I've been working out of state so long. If I'm lucky I can finally finish it by this weekend. Book three won't be out on paperback for some time and I don't really want to buy the hardback copy. I hate mixing my paperbacks and hardbacks with same series books. It's one of my quirks.

That's funny Skaf. Don't think you are alone in your quirk. :)

We have been trying to check out #2 at the Library. Always checked out! And then just a few days ago, we spied the paperbacks on cheap at Walmart!! Yay!!!! So.....we are off and running with book two. I suppose that is one of my pet peeves....when I start a book and get really into the story and then have to wait to read the next installment!!! Absolutely drives me nuts. I don't know how I made it thru waiting for the Harry Potter series. I was nearly dead by the time the last one came out. :)

• 6 months later...

Well apparently he's got one more to go. Looks like it's gonna be a 5 book series. Waiting impatiently for book 5 (ha ha, and book 4 just barely came out). HURRY UP, MR. MULL, I GOTTA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! I think i have a while to wait.

Edited by Connie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...