Humor from readers...

Hemidakota

When my Family go Baptized, my 11-yo Daughter asked the Mission President during her interview, "How long would the Baptism take."  He told her probably 45 minutes to an hour, since there were going to be a lot of people there.  She came out of the office visibly shaken, and ran to her Mother and hugged her.  When she started weeping and informed my Wife that she could not get Baptized, Tammy led her into one of the classrooms to find out what was wrong.  She returned within 1 minute, barely able to control herself, and ran outside into the parking lot.  I assumed there was something seriously wrong, and followed her outside where she had erupted into gales of laughter.

It seems my Daughter didn't think she could hold her breath underwater for 45 minutes, let alone a whole hour.

2 hours ago, oklds said:

Why is there an interstate highway in Hawaii?

Not as funny as it seems.  While they aren't interstate travel, they are built to interstate standards which qualifies them.  :)

• 2 months later...

So, one day the Bishop decided to go and visit an elderly widow member who hadn't been in Church for a while.  He rounded up a few Missionaries to show them the ropes', and went on over.  When they arrived, the Missionaries proceeded to snack on a bowl of peanuts the woman had sitting on the living room table, while the Bishop counseled the member.  She told him there was no problem, just that she had been feeling poorly, but would be back that coming Sonday.  Relieved and gratified at a job well done, the Bishop turned to leave, and noticed that the Missionaries had eaten every single one of the old widow's snacks.  The Bishop and the Missionaries all apologized profusely, and promised to go immediately and get her some more.

She replied, "That's okay, Bishop.  Ever since I lost all my teeth, all I can do is suck the chocolate off of them anyway."

Edited by oklds

So, one day the Bishop decided to go and visit an elderly widow member who hadn't been in Church for a while.  He rounded up a few Missionaries to show them the ropes', and went on over.  When they arrived, the Missionaries proceeded to snack on while the Bishop counseled the 'wayward'

On 2008-08-20 at 4:11 AM, debi56 said:

God's Problem Now

When the graveside service had no more than terminated, There was a tremendous burst of thunder accompanied by a distant lightning bolt and more rumbling thunder. The little old man looked at the pastor and calmly said, 'Well, she's there.'

I am anticipating the death of a very troubling elderly relative. I do hope that the eternities do not chose to return her!

Edited by Sunday21

50 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

I am anticipating the death of a very troubling elderly relative. I do hope that the eternities do not chose to return her!

Depending on just how troubling this relative is, the eternities may not return her until the final resurrection at the end of the millennium.

1 hour ago, zil said:

Depending on just how troubling this relative is, the eternities may not return her until the final resurrection at the end of the millennium.

I am betting on mid-period resurrection. Just think in the next life, my job may be minding other people’s difficult relatives. I hope we get Sundays off! .