Teaching Policy

Samarshall

I know it's been a few years, but does anyone know if there was a specific church-wide policy sent out about team-teaching in primary? I know many wards require all male teachers to have either a spouse or another male teaching with them. I'm just not sure if it is required of all wards or is this something each ward decides? I'm looking for the guidelines/policy.

Yes it is policy. There must be two teachers with each class at all times. To protect the kids. It is the same rule with the scouts

The only place I have ever seen 'team' teaching was once in Nursery when it was a husband/wife team. And that was in a larger Ward.

The small Ward I am in now is lucky to have ONE teacher per class. And even then, there have been stretches of time where two, and even three classes, were combined due to lack of teachers.

Even my large Ward in Fla. never had more than the one teacher in each Primary class.

And my experience with the Scouts (Cubs) is that you are darn lucky to get ONE person in that calling.

I think the policy asks for team teachers where possible. Where it's not possible, the classroom door should be open unless it has a window in it.

In Scouts, it's imperative to have two leaders at all times. Naturally, those callings are never completely filled. We have our dens meet at the same time on opposite ends of the Primary room, so that there are two leaders there, even if each den has just the one. We have also asked parents to stay in the other den. Bishopric members have been asked to fill in as the second leader (which, surprisingly, leads to quicker filling of those assistant den leader positions!).

• 2 weeks later...

I think the policy asks for team teachers where possible. Where it's not possible, the classroom door should be open unless it has a window in it.

In Scouts, it's imperative to have two leaders at all times. Naturally, those callings are never completely filled. We have our dens meet at the same time on opposite ends of the Primary room, so that there are two leaders there, even if each den has just the one. We have also asked parents to stay in the other den. Bishopric members have been asked to fill in as the second leader (which, surprisingly, leads to quicker filling of those assistant den leader positions!).

I actually think that it is the scouting program that drives this policy. I know that while serving in Webelos, I could not have the boys at my house unless I had another leader present, and it couldn't be my H. If my H and I had been serving together, we would have had to meet at the church.

again where is this policy actually stated? i need to find it to give it to our primary staff.

also--is the whole church on the same lesson? what number of lesson is supposed to be taught on aug. 10th.

You should be able to get all of this information from your stake primary president.

nancy-you just don't know --funny but frustrating. we're all trying to get organized here. I live way out in the hinterlands--far from regular church where the leaders know whats going on. oh well-the kids are great and most of the people in the primary are really into it. i really enjoy primary

thanks for your help:

• 3 months later...