Judge Changes a Girl's Embarrassing Name

MorningStar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should judges be able to change the names of children the parents decided on?

Absolutely...if the names are such that the children are embarrassed to even tell friends what their name is!!! And if I were the judge I would fine the parents, and possibly even sentence them to jail time for such cruel and unusual naming of a child. And I would make their future naming of any children subject to court approval!!!

Come on folks... When a parent doesn't have enough common sense or common courteous to think about how that child will be growing up, judges need to step in. Somebody needs to step in. the parents are really showing a lack of intelligence as well as self respect. In my opinion, and its my opinion and I'm entitled to it, these parents should not even be allowed to bred!!!!

Yes, I'm a mean person..... :)

What gives the judge the right?! The government should absolutely not be able to step in and change a child's name! If she didn't want people to call her by her full name she could go by a nickname and when she's of age and wants to change it herself then she can do that if she likes. Her parents may have had a very special reason to name her Talula Does The Hula, we don't know. hey...you think that's what the T stands for in Dr. T?

What gives the judge the right?! The government should absolutely not be able to step in and change a child's name! If she didn't want people to call her by her full name she could go by a nickname and when she's of age and wants to change it herself then she can do that if she likes. Her parents may have had a very special reason to name her Talula Does The Hula, we don't know. hey...you think that's what the T stands for in Dr. T?

I agree with you Siouxz. The court ought not have the authority to step in a rename a child. If the child does not like the name-go by a nickname until legal age to change it. What if someone wanted to come change the name of a child of yours? NOPE. (and NO it doesn not stand for Taluala thank you very much) :roflmbo: Good try though ;)

I feel so bad for this girl. I did, in fact, say the exact same thing utcowboy said when i heard about the story.

I am, however, always hesitant to say it's okay for government to take away freedoms. What if, because of a handful of these idiotic people, they say everyone needs a court-approved name when naming their child and you can only use names from Star Wars? I'm not sure i could handle having a son named Yoda. :)