New Nibley!!!

tefor

I was just over at the FARMS website and I saw that there is a new Hugh Nibley book out--a collection of his essays on various topics such as the temple, society, Joseph Smith, history, and what not. It appears to consist of stuff that either didn't fit into his other collected works, was overlooked by the editors, or was written after the previous volumes appeared. There's a fairly good write-up on this book (along with a new book on temples by Truman Madsen) here.

Even though I'm already juggling a good two dozen books and can't afford this one, my mouth is watering already!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just over at the FARMS website and I saw that there is a new Hugh Nibley book out--a collection of his essays on various topics such as the temple, society, Joseph Smith, history, and what not. It appears to consist of stuff that either didn't fit into his other collected works, was overlooked by the editors, or was written after the previous volumes appeared. There's a fairly good write-up on this book (along with a new book on temples by Truman Madsen) here.

Even though I'm already juggling a good two dozen books and can't afford this one, my mouth is watering already!

Agreed....definitely will obtain this one.

• 11 months later...

There is actually going to be one more Nibley Book. It is called "One Eternal Round". Apparently it is supposed to be the culmination of his life's work. I email Farm's once or twice a year. The response is always "next year".

Guest dec2057

I love Nibley's books, but a couple of them are obviously just whatever odds and sods they could find tossed together in a book and were disappointing. He is an awesome genius and I love his insight.