Stephenie Meyer- Breaking Dawn

StrawberryFields

So Iggy...did you finish this one in a day too? hahaha What chores didn't get done this time. Just teasing ya.

Pammy, I am a woman, I can multi-task. While the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer are doing their thing, I read.

I can also hold a book in one hand and push the vacuum with the other and still read the book. I read while I eat my lunch at work. I wish there was public transportation to and from work, because I could read then also.

It took me two days to read and finish it by the way. I also wish that when they release a new book in hardback that they would release it on CD. I so like to listen to them.

Pammy, I am a woman, I can multi-task. While the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer are doing their thing, I read.

I can also hold a book in one hand and push the vacuum with the other and still read the book. I read while I eat my lunch at work. I wish there was public transportation to and from work, because I could read then also.

It took me two days to read and finish it by the way. I also wish that when they release a new book in hardback that they would release it on CD. I so like to listen to them.

haha you go girl. That is awesome!!!! I know the first three are on cd. I don't know about The Host or Breaking Dawn.

Hidden

hello its me tree, my last post was in June i believe? since then my husband has been baptized (May-17-08 ) and recently baptized a friend of ours (july-27-08 ) and will baptize our daughter sometime next month. i am currently a visiting teacher and looking forward to other great callings in the future!! i finally feel whole now that my family is all being baptized and serving in the true church. ITS SUPER!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED,AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT!!!!!!! it s good to be back and i am looking forward to chatting with all of you again! yours truly, TREE:sunny:

I understand the next novel is about the beginning of the "brewing storm" in the lives of the protagonists. It's going to be called Breaking Wind. Supposedly, a large and spicy Mexican dinner figures into the plot.

• 3 weeks later...

i havent got to see the movie or read her books yet ? are they as good as i am hoping? i totally love harry potter and cirque du freak, in cirque du freak there is never a dull moment and the further along you get from book to book the more mesmerizing the story grows and you just cannot put it down !! i wish they would make a series of movies for it like the harry potter movie series!:eek::wizard:

I just finished Breaking Dawn last night. I was a bit disappointed in this book. The others I couldn't put down. This one took me awhile to get through. Over 700 pages that probably could have been 300. The ending was very predictable and boring. Well now I can move on to some of the other books mentioned in the Book Club forum.

i havent got to see the movie or read her books yet ? are they as good as i am hoping? i totally love harry potter and cirque du freak, in cirque du freak there is never a dull moment and the further along you get from book to book the more mesmerizing the story grows and you just cannot put it down !! i wish they would make a series of movies for it like the harry potter movie series!:eek::wizard:

From my sisters and female friends all around..

The first 2 books were really good. The 3rd came to a screeching halt (it appears the author was grasping at straw).

I'd say read it -- but don't have high expectations.

I actually really enjoyed the 1st and 3rd. The 2nd to me dragged a bit as it got us ready for the 3rd. The 3rd left us wanting the 4th..but again as I mentioned earlier. I was very disappointed in the 4th book.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter showed up the other day with the first two books and said YOU HAVE TO READ THESE!

The thing is, my daughter does not enjoy books that much, as her tastes are very quirky: Hunter Thompson, Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting). Also, she is not a fast readers.

Yet she had finished the two books in a week! I was astonished when she told me that. So, I guess you guys knew what you were talking about after all.

Book one.

Elphaba

My daughter showed up the other day with the first two books and said YOU HAVE TO READ THESE!

The thing is, my daughter does not enjoy books that much, as her tastes are very quirky: Hunter Thompson, Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting). Also, she is not a fast readers.

Yet she had finished the two books in a week! I was astonished when she told me that. So, I guess you guys knew what you were talking about after all.

Book one.

Elphaba

That's GREAT!!!!:D

Book one.

Elphaba

:D:sparklygrin:

Hello, I've mostly been a lurker at this wonderful forum, and I should have known you all would be talking about the Twilight books. I loved them all, with Breaking Dawn being my favorite book of all time. The Host comes in at a close second. I was fortunate to attend the Bella Birthday party in Forks on the 13th. It was a lot of fun.

Hello, I've mostly been a lurker at this wonderful forum, and I should have known you all would be talking about the Twilight books. I loved them all, with Breaking Dawn being my favorite book of all time. The Host comes in at a close second. I was fortunate to attend the Bella Birthday party in Forks on the 13th. It was a lot of fun.

I heard that that was going on in Forks can you tell us how it was and how many people were there. What did you do?

I heard that that was going on in Forks can you tell us how it was and how many people were there. What did you do?

It was fun. I would guess there were at least 1,000 people who attended, about a third of the population of Forks. They had all kinds of things going on. Tours of the school in the classrooms where Bella had classes and the lunchroom, that were staged to look like Bella and Edward had been there.

At the park, which is where we spent most of our time, where the mayor read a proclamation. There were two Twilight decorated birthday cakes, about a dozen vendors selling everything from jewelry to teeshirts, and music playing by a group called The Bella Cullen Project.

They did a group picture that is on Fork's ForksForum webpage. Oh, and they also had a look alike contest for Bella, Edward and Jacob.

We drove around and took pictures of the school, police station, and the hospital where there is a Dr. Carlisle parking sign. We couldn't find Bella's house or Edwards, but I guess some people did.

In Lapush that night, there was a bonfire and native dancing, but we didn't go to that.