My Grandma's Diarys

PinkCow

I hope that this is the right thread to post this in....

Okay...

My Grandma has kept her diarys... one is from 1945-1949 the other is from 1950 (she did not continute it... LOL)

They are a whoot to read. I love them.

The problem is that the 1945-1949 one was written in pencil, and well its pretty hard to read now, so I'm wondering, if anyone knows if I could get them maybe re-stored, so it would be easier to read them, like where I could go, etc.

LOL

I hope I am making myself clear. :)

I am so excited for you pinkcow. :)

My own grandmother kept journals and right after her death I asked to read them while preparing a talk for her funeral. I took notes from her journal thinking that maybe I would never see it again. I treasure her life and I am grateful she kept her life in a journal.

Good Luck in restoring her journal. My first thought was to press lead shavings into the impressions from the pencil but I would try that first on something you wrote lightly in pencil first as to not spoil her journal. Another thing that occurred to me is taking it to a copy shop and darkening the copy to see what will show up.