Useless Contractions!!!!!!

MorningStar

Oh

my

gosh.

I have been contracting for weeks now - don't worry, I'm not dilating or anything, but it is driving me crazy!!!!! I have done this every pregnancy. Third trimester comes and it's contraction city, especially in the evening. Stand up - contraction. Take 10 steps - contraction. Bend over - contraction. Of course, this makes almost every household chore unbearable, but I do it anyway and I'm trying to nest here! My doctor says I just need to drink lots of water. I could drink Lake Washington and I would still contract! Seriously! And I wake up at least three times every night to go to the bathroom and coincidentally when I have the strong urge to go, I'm having a contraction! I'm talking about contractions that I have to breathe through and make my back throb.

I have 7 weeks left - 4 if they decide to induce me. Anyone who asks me for anything now, all I can think is, "Leave me the heck alone!" I don't like going to church right now because I probably look really grumpy and have about three contractions alone just trying to get to Gospel Doctrine (and people are playing tug of war over my piano skills because the Primary pianist just had a baby). And our choir director is asking me for advice already about Christmas music. I don't care what he chooses and I don't know why he thinks I'll even be able to sit at the piano bench when our rehearsals start again. I'm having my baby then! And someone told my husband they would like to get me in Primary soon. Uh ..... no! Thank goodness he told them it was a horrible idea. I just want to concentrate on getting a healthy kid out of me and taking care of her after she's born. Right now I don't want to think about how I would have to put off feeding her for two hours at church.

This week is my son's 6th birthday and it's all I can do to give him any kind of party at all. I hope I can pull it off.

Ok, I'm done venting now.

oh honey, i hate it for ya. vent away...........................or maybe i could share the ever so unhelpful advise of "but the contractions are good, they get your muscles ready to push, you should be greatful" hahaha don't you hate that kind of "useful" support?.........nah i'll stick with my first thoughts. thinking good thoughts for you and a healthy baby.

oh honey, i hate it for ya. vent away...........................or maybe i could share the ever so unhelpful advise of "but the contractions are good, they get your muscles ready to push, you should be greatful" hahaha don't you hate that kind of "useful" support?.........nah i'll stick with my first thoughts. thinking good thoughts for you and a healthy baby.

Hahahahaha!!!! Well I have always been an overrehearser, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my uterus is the same way. Right now I'm afraid of having back labor again. My first two were back labors but my third wasn't. Thanks for the support! :)

Wishing the best for ya sweety! I never had ANY braxton hicks. Never had any natural contractions and they had to induce me at week 43. I guess we always want what we don't have. Still, your situation is no one elses and you have to do WHATEVER it takes to de-stress as much as you can.

Geez...I thought this was going to be an english language thing...

Oh well...hang in there, your finish line is in sight.

haha that's exactly what I thought when I read the title. Don't, can't, isn't, wasn't. etc etc etc.

What? You are giving your 6 year old a party, and you didn't invite us???? Don't worry about your contractions, those will just give everyone some comic relief. ;-)

Seriously, some day you'll be able to tell your new child just how much of a pain in the back he/she was.....

I can totally relate. Those last two months have always been the hardest for me and then once that baby is out i'm ready to go to DisneyLand--i feel so great!

That's how I am. A couple weeks ago I was telling this lady how I'm still nauseous and she said, "I was through all my pregnancies. You probably get postpartum depression like me, huh?" I said, "Oh no. Just the opposite. I'm absolutely thrilled because I have my baby and I can do simple things like bend over again and it doesn't hurt to lie down in my bed."

What? You are giving your 6 year old a party, and you didn't invite us???? Don't worry about your contractions, those will just give everyone some comic relief. ;-)

Seriously, some day you'll be able to tell your new child just how much of a pain in the back he/she was.....

:lol: Well, if any of you can make it to Lake Washington tomorrow afternoon and you have children, and you promise not to bring my son the noisiest toy in the world (like my brother does on purpose just to tick us off), you are most welcome to come! :D

I'll probably be in the lake the whole time enjoying the sweet relief of being weightless. Ahhhhhh .... Cold water feels great on my swollen ankles too.