Have Any Of You Read The Book.....

toto

I recently bought a book called: Adam's Story. It's the book by Jack Weyland that comes after the books Sam and Charly. It's a great collection of books.

A movie came out about 2 years ago based on the book Charly. Have any of you seen it? Anyway, it's awesome.

I cried like a baby.

Adam is the child of Sam and Charly. it's his point of view on things and situations that he has to deal with on his path to self discovery. He tries to find out things about his Mom who died when he was a baby. He even find his wife. It has stuff for everyone. It really is a great book.

You can find it online in Deseret books. I'd recommend it to everybody. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest curvette

Originally posted by toto@Aug 26 2004, 07:18 PM

Are we serious? Of course we are. You've never heard of it?

Yep we are teenagers :P , or at least I am.

No, I've heard of it. I just don't think Jack Weyland is a good writer. I guess it's okay for it's intended audience. Report back to me in twenty years. :)

• 2 weeks later...

He might not be the best writer, but I think it's pretty awesome how he came up with such a great story. Yeah he could of improved here or there, but I still think that Jack Weyland is pretty talented for coming up with such beautiful stories.

That's what I mostly focus on, the context of the story itself, not the way it's written.

Beautiful stories. ;)

• 3 years later...

He does have some interesting books, but the Charly series was very well done. He actually just came out with a new book called "As Always, Dave." It was pretty good! The character development could use some work, but I enjoyed the story as it is about life in the young single adult scene--single's wards, Dear John letters, etc.

SPOILER!!!

It was much better than his previous book, "Alone, Together." I enjoyed the book all the way through, enjoyed every bit, until the last paragraph. This isn't an exact quote, but "Jane and Joe (can't remember names) shared their first kiss, but it wasn't their last. Six months later they were married in the _______ temple."

Blech! Can you have a worse ending!?