Baptism -what do I wear?!

haleighbird

Hey Everybody! I'm new to lds.net as I'm getting baptized August 16th :) I'm extremely excited..but I have to say I have no clue what to wear for the actual immersion. Should I just wear the white jumper..or do women usually get a white dress? If women do get dresses..does anyone have a good website for modest white dresses? That'd be amazing! Thanks so much!:lol:

lol not just white undies but bring an extra pair (so as to have some dry undies when you get out of the water) lol had a dear friend who forgot that.....lol and of course as good friends we teased her to no end.

dress or jumpsuit is up to you, the ward should have both on hand, you shouldn't have to buy, can if you want. i personaly perfer a dress. some ppl discourage them cause they get scared it will float up. however it's easy to avoid, one make sure the full skirt is wet as you go into the water and if you are really worried you can tuck it between your knees.

congrats

I wore the jumper that the Church provided. The one thing I wasn't sure of and the missionaries didn't mention until I asked was how to dress when I got to the church. It seems silly now but not then. Church clothes was the answer. The other thing I learned about dress -- anytime you meet for an interview with the Bishop or for your baptism, etc. you should be dressed in church attire because you are being interviewed by someone who is representing Heavenly Father.

I did buy a dress for the Temple and their are websites for those dresses.

The choice is really yours. I attended recently a baptism for a 25 yr. old woman who wore her own white blouse and skirt. However, the ward or Stake has baptismal clothing that they will be more than happy to let you use if you desire. Just ask your missionaries, they will arrange it. I suggest you make sure and wear white undergarments and also have a spare dry set to wear afterwards including a spare set of clothing if you furnish your own. Also don't forget to take a dry towel, hairbrush, comb, etc. for use afterwards.

This will be a very special moment for you, so enjoy every minute of it.

Good luck.

:D:roflmbo:

I can't reiterate that one enough. When I got baptized, the floor of the font was slippery and it took me a few seconds to get my feet firm enough to come back out of the water. I was ok with it, but our friend who was baptizing me was a little scared and so where the people watching it.

Bring a set of white socks too. For some people, the floor of the font is too slippery and it's easy to loose your balance when getting dunked. If you are particularly prone to falling you might want to wear a set into the font.