Can I be a non Mormon LDS?

brother01

Jesus came down preaching, He already had this authority that was from his father that was in heaven, but he dident start his ministry till much later, when he was 30yrs old. when he called his disciples, "he" gave them the authority to go out and spread his word amongst the people, to heal, cast out evil spirits.[/quote

So we look to the record:

Matthew 10 speaks of His sending out the twelve by way of commandment to go and preach and heal and says He gave them power over unclean spirits and sickness and all kinds of disease.

Mark 3 says He sent them to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and cast out demons.

Luke 9 says He gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases. It says He sent them to preach.

Haven't seen the authority about preaching yet:-)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a Mormon but a Latter-day Saint. :D

Be truthful...the answer is no. Baptism is one requirement in being a member of the Savior's church.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, baptism is one of the commandments of Jesus Christ, yet anyone can be dunked, it is in hearing and doing His will that we become like Him, and we cannot keep His commandments except by the power of God through the Holy Spirit in obedience to His words.

Jesus came down preaching, He already had this authority that was from his father that was in heaven, but he dident start his ministry till much later, when he was 30yrs old. when he called his disciples, "he" gave them the authority to go out and spread his word amongst the people, to heal, cast out evil spirits.[/quote

So we look to the record:

Matthew 10 speaks of His sending out the twelve by way of commandment to go and preach and heal and says He gave them power over unclean spirits and sickness and all kinds of disease.

Mark 3 says He sent them to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and cast out demons.

Luke 9 says He gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases. It says He sent them to preach.

Haven't seen the authority about preaching yet:-)

He charged later when they finally received the Holy Ghost.

Luke 21:15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.