What events are you gonna watch?

checkerboy

OK so the Olympics have started. I am a huge water polo fan and am excited that recently they have started showing the matches on TV at a decent hour whereas before you had to watch them at like 2 in the morning. I also love the swimming and beach volleyball competitions being as I have participated in those sports too.

So what are your favorites?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to watch diving, swimming, gymnastics, track and field and, of course, Opening and Closing ceremonies. I can't wait to see the building where swimming and diving take place, called the Water Cube. It was inspired by 'bubbles' and took five years to build!

At our house we're just sort of going to leave the TV on, because I inparticular can watch about any event and enjoy it. Really looking forward to track and field, gymnastics, diving, and Micheal Phelps lighting up the pool.

Even though the Winter Olympics are more my style, I can't wait for Beijing to start. :)

Gymnastics, swimming, diving, track and field. Some amazing stories about some of the athletes are coming out. The swimmer that just found out he has cancer, one of the "lost boys" who is actually going to carry the US flag. I love the stories that come out.

Hahaha. You know I used to have a huge crush on Mary Lou. That tells you how old I am I suppose.

I can one up ya. I asked Greg Louganis to my prom--this was after he'd won so many Olympic gold medals. Wow, was I bold. Of course, this was BEFORE he came out.

I'll watch gymnastics, basketball, and diving.

Did anyone watch the opening ceremony? Wasn't the very beginning amazing where they did the count down with the drums? I was truly blown away. Probably the best opening ceremony I've seen so far.