"Burning in the Bosom"

Brenton

Yes it is (or at least thats what I've come to believe) :)

The Holy Ghost can make himself known by a burning, or warm, sensation that starts in your hest and spreads throughout your body. I can say that there's nothing like it. But yes, that's one of the ways you can feel him.

It's appropriate in this humble "orthodox" Christian's view to seek confirmation from the Holy Spirit. However, before doing that, I must do the yeoman's work of "rightly dividing the word of God," as instructed by the Apostle Paul. And yet, even Scripture study should be bathed in prayer, and thus Spirit-directed.

PC, as always I enjoy your input. I am sure that there are many ways to personally experience that confirmation of the Holy Ghost. I too believe that you can not just ask and get an answer but as the scriptures teach "These things come about after much study, fasting and prayer".

Ben Raines

We find in Luke 24:

30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

While I personally have only expierenced this "burning in the bosom" , when I was welding overhead(:^) , I am sure that a few members have expierenced this as it pertains to the "receiving the Holy Ghost". Most of us have enjoyed other feelings such as elignment or peace to our minds, still small voice, etc.