What do the PHQ's find Romantic?

This was posted on the Relief Society side.

So, what do we gents find romantic? How do we woo our brides?

I've been married 21 1/2 years, my wife is still quite attractive and I consider myself the "luckiest man on the face of the Earth". (Thank you Mr. Gehrig.)

Anyway, always wanting to keep things G rated, how do you all go about being the dashing, romatic husband?

O43

I have found by expierence the following small things, make a huge difference towards creating a happy marriage and keeping it romantic.

Date night.

One flower for no special reason, presented from behind while giving a light kiss on her neck, then wispering to her how much you love her works much better than a dozen roses annually on Mothers Day.

Telling her how nice she looks once in awhile.

Don't leave her sitting alone at social events for any length of time, while visiting with everyone else.

Telling her how much you respect and love her.

Supporting her in her endeavors nd letting her know, you are willing to each time you do.

Be true to your marriage covenants.

In accordance with the above, not flirting with other women.

Listening intently when she wants to talk seriously

Hold her tightly while letting her know she is the light of your life.

Hold her hand while walking

Be spontaneous once in awhile. Take her for a drive, ice cream cone, a walk in the woods,

Keep yourself fit.

Help her with the kids, dishes, etc. without being asked.

Send her a card with a simple statement indicating your love, or appreciation for what she does, etc. and telling her you love her.

Let others know how special you think she is, when she is around.

Do the same things with her, you did when you were dating and trying to woo her!! Sometimes this may mean a baby sitter is in order, or leaving the kids overnight with Grandma and Grandpa.

lilered,

Those are all great ideas. Years ago I read a piece from a wife to her husband. I have tried to like this way the rest of my life.

Wife asks her husband "When I die will you make sure that there are lots of flowers at my funeral?" He assured her that he would. She asked. Why not surprise me a little every now and then while living so I can appreciate them.

These do not have to be expensive flowers. I buy her flowers at Costco at least once a month if not more often. Also orchid flowers with the plant. She likes orchids.

Ben Raines

Doing the dishes, laundry, etc. without being asked.

A call or text message in the middle of a busy day to let her know I'm thinking of her.

An unexpected little note on the fridge.

Things don't have to be complicated. In fact, they shouldn't be most of the time.

My wife likes the surprise of getting up in the morning with the kitchen being clean, laundry being done, etc. You have posted an excellent post.

O43

Excellent posts fellas! I personally would be more interested to know what you find romantic that your wives do for you.

I'm not sure I could think of anything my wife's done for me that doesn't involve lingerie:whistling:

Okay, that's exceptionally not true. But she humors me when we go camping and I want to do all the cooking over the fire and in the dutch ovens even though hot dogs and foil dinners would be easier.

She talks about how pretty our rose bushes look even though I bought the wrong color.

Well, so much for exceptionally not true...I honestly can't think of anything else she's done. As for stuff that I like to do...geez, if the bathroom is clean and the dishes are put away I'm a happy happy man.