Did Jesus Know?

DisRuptive1

I'm curious. When Jesus was sent here did he also have the veil put over his mind? Or did he know every single little thing, every little detail? When he told the apostles that one of them was going to betray him, did he know which one? Was Heavenly Father testing Christ in order to make sure he was acting Christ-like to all of the apostles, even though one of them was going to betray him and another was going to deny him thrice? Or did Jesus come to Earth without faith, with nothing but knowledge?

Guest curvette

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Aug 20 2004, 09:48 PM

When he told the apostles that one of them was going to betray him, did he know which one? ?

According to the Bible, Jesus knew that Judas would betray him and that Peter would deny him. It isn't clear on exactly when he knew of his mission. He certainly must have known something was up by age twelve when he was teaching the astonished rabbis in the temple. I like to think that he had a relatively ordinary, innocent childhood, but no one really knows.

Guest TheProudDuck

Luke 2:52:

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favourwith God and man.

D&C 93:12-14 also indicates that Jesus' wisdom increased as he grew, suggesting that he was born with less than perfect knowledge.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by speedomansam@Aug 23 2004, 09:16 PM

he learned line upon line, precept upon precept, just like we all have to.

I suspect He may have had a "little" extra help.

Since faith is like the opposite of knowledge (although ignorance is actually the opposite but faith is like ignorance but religiously but we know it to be true, but don't have knowledge of it's truthfulness, etc.) does that mean that Jesus had to also build in his faith and learn to trust in the Lord and everything? Does he have his own conversion story? And if you know how 16 year olds are then I'm sure you'll understand how Jesus was telling off all those priests, he probably thought he knew EVERYTHING.

Originally posted by Maureen+Aug 24 2004, 03:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Aug 24 2004, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Faerie@Aug 24 2004, 03:25 PM

...being that Christ is only 1/2 human though....

I disagree. Jesus was fully human.

M.

If'n you define being God as fully human. If you define fully human as being fully human but not superhuman then no, he was not fully human.

One can say that Christ was fully God and fully human but only if you create a new definition of "human.' If we start creating new definitions then I can truthfully say that I am the queen of Sheeba, if we define queen of Sheeba as "Mormon geeky guy."

Originally posted by speedomansam@Aug 24 2004, 06:49 PM

i don't like this thread in that it's going in the direction of giving our savior less credit than he deserves.

And I don't like Jennifer Lopez in that she is a stuck up sticky beet pretending to just be good ole Jenny from the hood,... but what about this thread's posts do you think is doctrinally mistaken?

Originally posted by Snow+Aug 24 2004, 08:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Aug 24 2004, 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--speedomansam@Aug 24 2004, 06:49 PM

i don't like this thread in that it's going in the direction of giving our savior less credit than he deserves.

And I don't like Jennifer Lopez in that she is a stuck up sticky beet pretending to just be good ole Jenny from the hood,... but what about this thread's posts do you think is doctrinally mistaken?

it just seemed as though this thread was going towards "Christ was the son of God therefore things were easy for him, easier than they are for us, therefore his example is less related to our lives, etc", and although no one said that, i was just worried things would lead to that.

Guest curvette

Good point Outshined. I think Speedoman needs to relax a little. There are lots of disagreements on this board, but not a whole lot of blasphemies goin on... I think that the most important person to ever be born into this world was entitled to a little help on both sides of the veil, and I don't think that diminishes His importance at all.

P.S. Good bat!

Is not Jesus our 'example' in ALL things? If he came to earth with the rule book and the teacher's guide then how could he judge us for making mistakes? He obviously grew in knowledge faster than all of us...but I belive that is only because he was willing to listen more than all of us. He was subject to everything we are subjected to. Else what would his judgment matter?

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Setheus@Aug 26 2004, 12:30 PM

Is not Jesus our 'example' in ALL things? If he came to earth with the rule book and the teacher's guide then how could he judge us for making mistakes? He obviously grew in knowledge faster than all of us...but I belive that is only because he was willing to listen more than all of us. He was subject to everything we are subjected to. Else what would his judgment matter?

He was subject to EVERYTHING we are subject to? I disagree. That would require Him to go through childbirth in order to perfectly judge me. I trust His judgement anyway.

well...what he did not "experience" physically, he experienced in the Garden...that's what I was always taught growing up...that he took on not only our sins, but also all of our pain, sickness, misery, etc...so he COULD have had an idea of what childbirth felt like..who knows..lol

but as far as what Setheus said, I agree...as he's talking from a male perspective...or something...lol

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 26 2004, 01:54 PM

well...what he did not "experience" physically, he experienced in the Garden...that's what I was always taught growing up...that he took on not only our sins, but also all of our pain, sickness, misery, etc...so he COULD have had an idea of what childbirth felt like..who knows..lol

It's so hard to even begin to comprehend. It's hard to even ponder because obviously, the things that took place in the garden had to have happened in some sort of "supernatural" or "spiritual" sense that was real, and yet nothing any of us have ever experienced. This is another way that I think Jesus was more than mortal and experienced life in a way that was like us in many ways, but very different in others. The facts that an Angel strengthened Him on the cross, and the Angels announced His birth make me think that He had special support from the other side throughout His life. I don't understand why that's interpreted as minimizing Him in any way. If anything--it shows that God had a very vested interest in His mission.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Faerie@Aug 26 2004, 10:16 PM

but doesn't it make you feel good that we can gripe about childbirth and He'll understand, while no male on this earth will?

Except maybe Arnold Schwartznegger! :) (I guess you'd have had to see the movie...)