9th Article of Faith

pam

There have been many investigators using this website to get some basic doctrinal information about the Church. Each week I will post an Article of Faith so that the discussion of each can be done. Keep in mind..this is based on LDS doctrine and debating of that will not be tolerated. Let's try and make this more personal. Copy and paste is wonderful but reading personal testimony and understanding of this doctrinal subject is far more meaningful.

We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

I love this concept!!! I love that our God did talk directly to man and that he does today and that he will again! I love that I can know thru the spirit that what I am hearing is true and that the person standing at the pulpit is called of God. I find security and peace in knowing that the counsel I receive will be for the benefit of myself and my family even when it isn't in line with the popular dogma or trends of the day. How grateful I am for the conference sessions when the words spoken to the world have particular and personal meaning to my life.

I know some struggle with this idea of God talking to man. There are wolves in lambs clothing out there.... But these ideas make sense and they speak to the existence of a loving Father who doesn't want his children to be left without direction.

I as well love the fact that Heavenly Father can reveal things to our Prophet for our benefit. With the changes in the world, we can get direct guidance and revelation to meet the changing needs. I truly believe that President Monson receives direct revelation from Heavenly Father. That he is so in tune with the spirit that he can do this. It's such a wonderful feeling knowing that.

I always tought that if God loves us WHY would he leave uss all by opurselves for such a long time. It was really good to learn taht there IS a profet on earth these days!

I think Eldste JF Hollands talk in the conferance wa a strong testimony on both the Mormons Book and profecy. His words about the Bible were so clair, God did not stop his work at the death of Jeus/Bible!

I think that today it is very important to get quidance from our Father ibn Heaven, to keep to the right. There are so much one can choose from and many are very good. The quy with the two horns is really working overtime now, to spread misunderstandings of the gospel and twisted truths among people. He is giving enough Gods ligt get through, to all religions, that religions have come much closer to one and other, however this makes it even harder to see the differences between churches. I really canot understand, that IF the Father is such a loving Father WHY would He leave us alone in this mess of religions.

I think, that every rigious person can get quidance in their life from God, if they ask for it. God sents his light to lighten all people, but this is not the same as prophesy. Like Martin Luther ... he was enlighted by Gods light to see the hereticy in the church those days. So was Columbus.

I know that I can get quidance for my life and my tasks in the church and I know taht I can not get quidance for church as it is notmy task. IF Iwould become a president of ... primary... in the church, I would get guidance for my work. But even then my quidance would be subjected to the quidance recieved for curch by the only person that can say thus says the Lord adn taht is our dear profet Monson

ok they are telling me I have to go ... need to go get one boy from school and get one ing and... you name it...

There have been many investigators using this website to get some basic doctrinal information about the Church. Each week I will post an Article of Faith so that the discussion of each can be done. Keep in mind..this is based on LDS doctrine and debating of that will not be tolerated. Let's try and make this more personal. Copy and paste is wonderful but reading personal testimony and understanding of this doctrinal subject is far more meaningful.

We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

There is much more knowledge to be learned when we approach the Second Comforter; some of which is not current church doctrines or principles. As we approach the next stage of this earth's mortality, knowledge of which was not presented by the founding prophet due to the spiritual immaturity of the Saints, will again surface as the locked portion of the plates will be revealed.

Edited by Hemidakota

I as well love the fact that Heavenly Father can reveal things to our Prophet for our benefit. With the changes in the world, we can get direct guidance and revelation to meet the changing needs. I truly believe that President Monson receives direct revelation from Heavenly Father. That he is so in tune with the spirit that he can do this. It's such a wonderful feeling knowing that.

And it gives me wonderful feelings to know that we are not forced to follow President Monson's revelations if we do not want to. We can pray about it and ask if we should follow President Monsons revelations. Knowing this makes me even surer that President Monson is a true Prophet of the True Church on this Earth.

It's upon this principle that Heavenly Father works! That we can know things for ourselves!

I know that we can receive direct information for our personal benefit and for those we are responsible for.

There's an order, a pattern that we need to learn to discern revelation, if it's from God or not. The prophet, as Heavenly Father's mouthpiece, receives revelation for the whole Church in all things. However, he's not the only one who can receive revelation; we all can, but for our personal things, and callings, not for others, not for others that are not under our responsibility or responsibilities we do not have.

This principle allows me to approach our Heavenly Father with the confidence that He will reveal to me His will, answer my questions (of things that are expedient and I need to know now), confirm counsels, lead me to choose the right, discern things, right from not so obvious wrong, even discern the intentions of people if I need to know to protect myself and my children, etc...

HD, your comment reminded me of a talk where Elder Bednar mentioned "...commandments not a few..." Doctrine and Covenants 59

It's just so amazing how He DOES reveal more things to us... as we pay heed, and obey things already revealed... as we deepen our understanding, and as He sees that we are ready to receive some more...

HG, yes, we can know for ourselves, and that's how marvelous all this is!!! Joseph Smith never imposed in anyone or said they had to accept what he said as is; he taught them to ask and learn for themselves; he never took credit, was glad (and relieved I suppose) that others were also allowed to see the plates, angels, etc.... and stand as a witness with him! That takes humbleness!

When we hear counsel from our leaders, we should prayerfully ponder them, and ask of Heavenly Father to confirm it, and that's why we are not blind followers!

Thank you for making that point!

I know the Lord revealed Himself to Joseph Smith and answered His humble prayer and that He was the prophet that Restored the Gospel and the Church again, with all the keys, principles, teachings, and doctrine ; I know that Jesus is the Christ; that President Monson is a true prophet; that the Book of Mormon is true, a true record and another testament of Jesus Christ. I know all this because I have asked, and have received confirmations throughout time, over and over, and continue to receive them. I know because Heavenly Father still speaks to us, and leads us, and He DOES reveal His will still! The Holy Ghost DOES confirm, teach, truth, and bring them to our remembrance!

I am thankful and grateful for Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, and for this wonderful, great and marvelous work of the Restoration!

Links: Topical Guide: Scriptures to Come Forth

Articles of Faith 1: 9