Anti-Mormon Protesters outside Temple in Twin Falls, Idaho (8-16)

SSEiYah

I think it sad that these professed christians spend so much time and effort actively speaking against another religion. Their time would be better spent in their own churches, practicing their beliefs. I do not understand why they feel the need to denigrate another peoples beliefs. It is very unbecoming...and in my opinion, it is not at all Christ-like.

Sometimes I think it's enough unbelief and doubt in their own religion or Church they have to degrade a Church that is finding some success and where membership is growing.

I think LDS scholarship and apologetics causes some of the problem LDS face. I see LDS people actively defending their church who filter Anti-Mormon issues via Mormonisms lenses. So they write answers for an LDS audience not for someone who takes witnessing to Mormons seminars. So their is basically nothing good to hand back to these people as far as tracts go. If you want to help Anti-Mormons you have to try and see precisely how they see things and then write accordingly. Answer their Bible commentary verse by verse.

I am Reorganized LDS and i take witnessing to Mormons training as a study. So i find when these people hit me with basic trivia answers pop into my head. These type of people i feel then know some Book of Mormon believers can answer their issues. But if these people meet 99% of the time Book of Mormon believers that give them no good answers that only makes them see Anti-Mormon writings as presenting the truth.

I do apologetics for self defense, and helping others only. I hate debate and contention with people who make me a target for their witnessing. But i do like knowing i can answer much of what they throw at me.

FAIR seems to be the main organization defending the LDS Church. LDS FAIR Apologetics Homepage I would see FARMS as next to them in importance. But they write so much for an LDS audience that they fail to package writings for Evangelicals. FAIR making sure LDS in the future had tracts to give to protestors would be a good start. They have some free printable brochures now.

FAIR has a good you tube channel.

What I find especially interesting is that there are so many "groups" (for lack of a better word) that feel the need to save us from ourselves. The mere existence of the Church has stirred so many people to act against it, since the very beginning, and it continues to this day.

I don't see people hanging around the new Jehovah's Witnessess building trying to change how they think, nor do I see protests against a new catholic church opening down the street. Fiannan has a good point...why aren't they trying to convert muslims?

My belief, for whatever it's worth, is that the mere existence of the Church is so harmful to Satan that he will do anything, and take any steps, to lead people away from the truth. Very few other religious beliefs have seen so much violence, anger, hatred, and "anti" behavior (of course, there were the Crusades). Given the usual behavior of people, and Americans in particular, to just let most folks do their own thing, even if others think it's dumb or off the wall, what it is about our Church that seems to bring this conflictive behavior out into the open?

I think the Adversary is behind it all.

When Herod the Great, who with the assistance of the established clergy of his time, commited the atrocities of murder and deception, not the least of which was the infanticide of the Massacre of the Innocents, raised a temple and promoted the worship of Jehovah at a tremendous expense and effort, our own LORD, even Jehovah Himself, sought not to disuade men to enter therein and make offerings. Rather, Jesus sought to maintain the purity and reverence thereof and promoted its use. Further, the Apostles after Him were daily in that temple. And when contemplating the destruction of that edifice dedicated to God, our LORD wept.

-a-train

I don't see people hanging around the new Jehovah's Witnessess building trying to change how they think,

Well, they do. They protest at their conventions, and there is even a group that specializes in attacking the alleged child abuse in that movement.

nor do I see protests against a new catholic church opening down the street.

Protestant disputes with Catholicism are mostly about secondary doctrines, not about the nature of God. Also, Catholics teach that Protestants, while wrong and separated from the true Church, will mostly end up in the same heaven and the same level of heaven.

Fiannan has a good point...why aren't they trying to convert muslims?

There are many efforts to convert Muslims, even in Muslim lands. However, such efforts are very discreet. Also, Islam is a totally separate religion, and does not claim to be restoring lost truths, or redeeming a longstanding apostasy.

• 1 month later...
Guest The_Doctor

There are many efforts to convert Muslims, even in Muslim lands. However, such efforts are very discreet. Also, Islam is a totally separate religion, and does not claim to be restoring lost truths, or redeeming a longstanding apostasy.

That's what I thought. They attack the church because it claims to have a lost part of Heavenly Father's words. That's why they go after us more than other churches, because we do more than just have a different interpretation of the Bible.

I agree with TG. This behavior really baffles the mind! Would any of them stop me and say "hello, I have a message to share. Would you like to listen?"

Miss, I think they would avoid you...cause you really have been having the longest bad hair day that I have seen in some time!! And those coke bottle glasses are rather intimidating. Also, your crystal ball might scare them!!!!!!! LOL LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ps...I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

~TG (the REAL "TG", not that fake poser Truegrits - aka My Mother) :P

Edited by Tough Grits

Gee, wonder why these brave souls never show up to protest the opening of any Islamic mosques? Does anyone know?

What makes you think they don't?

Different crowd, same thing

I imagine that "our" protesters and "their" protesters have their roots in fear, though they claim differently. The people in Florida are NTIMBY (the T is for terrorists, naturally) types, while the ones in Cologne are nationalists/anti-nationalists, and the folks in Twin Falls just want to save souls.

LDS aren't alone in being the target of protestors.