Teenage Mischief

MorningStar

I was just laughing about the stuff I did as a teenager. I didn't go out and party or anything like that, but I did love playing jokes on people.

My parents live on a wide road that goes straight for quite a ways and they have lots of trouble with speeders. We get so sick of it and the city refused to allow speedbumps to be put in because it would increase the time it takes for emergency cars to get through. Anyway, one night my sister, her friend, and I stretched packing tape across the street between a sign and a lamp post and hid behind the bushes, laughing our heads off after the speeders would go through it and freak out, screeching their brakes. Then they would get out to see what it was they just ran through. We hoped it would startle them enough to make them think twice before speeding. A couple of them saw it right before going through it and got out to look at whatever was there in bewilderment. :lol:

Now I have urges to throw those spike strips in the road. But I won't.

One of our football buddies was dating the prettiest cheerleader. We accussed him of making out with her which he always denied. One Sat. Nite after the church dance, we secretly followed them to their favorite necking place. Snuck up on the car, waited until it appeared something was going on and then

snapped a couple of flashbulbs using a camera. (The camera didn' contain any film, but they didn't know that. We then took off like rabbits, leaving them to discuss their future if the pictures became public. He came to football practice on Monday, threatening to kill the individual(s) responsible and told us all to let him know if we found out who did it. The cheerleader was afraid someone would show them to her family. We never let the secret out until the day of Graduation a couple of months later. We then slipped them both a note while they were standing wih their respecitive families, advising them there was no film in the camera. They didn't appreciate the humor for some reason.

LOL there's no feeling like doing stupid stuff and feeling a tad juvenile. We used to get cups of water and put or tape them to the top of our car and drive around pretending to be oblivious. I thought it was one of those things that was funny because we were 17, but after a girls night out with a few friends from our ward, we did it again and laughed just as hard. 4 moms (ranging 24-37 in age) driving around Las Vegas in the middle of the night laughing our heads off. I think I need crazy moments like that every now and then to stay sane.

In my closest group of friends the guys would car surf. The girls would all be in the car, sometimes driving, and the guys would do the surfing. Once my friend took a turn a little to sharp and her boyfriend fell off and she nicked him with the front bumper. Oh man I'm laughing just thinking about it. It was so funny. He was ok....just a little bruised.

Let's see:

Put the science teacher's VW bug up on a 3 foot high snow ball.

Drove through the Univ of Montana campus sidewalks at midnight one night in a 1947 pickup truck with a buddy, asking directions to the highway.

During Desert Storm, created a phony set of orders for a buddy who was on leave for a month, and left them on his desk. When he returned, he stood staring at them for the longest time, realizing he was leaving the next morning at Oh-Dark-Thirty from the flight line to an unspecified location in his previous AFSC (job specialty) as a jet refueler.

A friend of mine in Pocatello Idaho told the following: He and his buddies wanted to scare their girlfriends. It was the year the movie "Race with the Devil" came out, where Peter Fonda and other campers witness a human sacrifice and then get chased around by devil worshippers. Well, two of the guys took their girlfriends to the drive in to see the movie. On the long drive back, they had to go over a small bridge near a wooded area. Someone obtained a cow that had died, and they hoisted it up above an unlit bonfire. Several people dressed in black robes awaiting the arrival of the car. The plan was once they hit the bridge, to honk the car, flames would erupt in front and behind the car on the bridge, and the bonfire/cow sacrifice would be lit - scaring the girls. Unfortunately, the car honked prematurely, and the fires were lit while a drunk was driving over the bridge. When he saw the flames, the robed individuals, and the dangling cow corpse, he freaked and hit the gas; crashing about 1/2 mile down the road. Everyone scattered. The cops showed up, arrested the cow corpse and doused the flames. The next morning, the headlines in the local paper said, "Devil Worshippers Sacrifice Cow". Of course, this was in the 1970s when a lot of cows were being killed out west by devil worshippers or UFOs....

I could tell you more, but then I'd have to go into hiding. Again.

:roflmbo::rofl::roflmbo:

The cops showed up, arrested the cow corpse and doused the flames. The next morning, the headlines in the local paper said, "Devil Worshippers Sacrifice Cow". Of course, this was in the 1970s when a lot of cows were being killed out west by devil worshippers or UFOs....

Let's see:

Put the science teacher's VW bug up on a 3 foot high snow ball.

Drove through the Univ of Montana campus sidewalks at midnight one night in a 1947 pickup truck with a buddy, asking directions to the highway.

During Desert Storm, created a phony set of orders for a buddy who was on leave for a month, and left them on his desk. When he returned, he stood staring at them for the longest time, realizing he was leaving the next morning at Oh-Dark-Thirty from the flight line to an unspecified location in his previous AFSC (job specialty) as a jet refueler.

A friend of mine in Pocatello Idaho told the following: He and his buddies wanted to scare their girlfriends. It was the year the movie "Race with the Devil" came out, where Peter Fonda and other campers witness a human sacrifice and then get chased around by devil worshippers. Well, two of the guys took their girlfriends to the drive in to see the movie. On the long drive back, they had to go over a small bridge near a wooded area. Someone obtained a cow that had died, and they hoisted it up above an unlit bonfire. Several people dressed in black robes awaiting the arrival of the car. The plan was once they hit the bridge, to honk the car, flames would erupt in front and behind the car on the bridge, and the bonfire/cow sacrifice would be lit - scaring the girls. Unfortunately, the car honked prematurely, and the fires were lit while a drunk was driving over the bridge. When he saw the flames, the robed individuals, and the dangling cow corpse, he freaked and hit the gas; crashing about 1/2 mile down the road. Everyone scattered. The cops showed up, arrested the cow corpse and doused the flames. The next morning, the headlines in the local paper said, "Devil Worshippers Sacrifice Cow". Of course, this was in the 1970s when a lot of cows were being killed out west by devil worshippers or UFOs....

You win! I'm not sure if the dead cow goes on my list of ideas, but WOW when you did something, you did it right!

Ok so what we did was technically illegal and probably pretty dangerous but we were teenagers and after all immortal right?

We would hop the fence at the community swimming pool late at night and run across the pool on top of the tarps that covered it. The objective was to get as far as you could before the tarp engulfed you. And getting out of the tarp was pretty easy, just like quicksand all you had to do was lie on your back and you could roll right off.

We got real daring one night and brought a bike. Imagine trying to ride a bike across the surface of the pool. It was pretty fun. Only once did we have to hide from the cops.

Well this happened in grade school. The girls bathroom was right by the six grades "pod" and it was always hot so the windows were left open even in winter. The boys were making snowballs and throwing them inside through the window. To get them back we dumped the trash bucket out, filled it up with cold water, and dumped it out on the unsuspecting targets!!!! We got them good, but in the end we all did time in the principals office.:lol:

The teenage scavenger hunt ended up with everybody on Capitol hill with their shopping carts and refrigerators and roadkill. I did not stick a dead cat in a refrigerator and roll it down capitol hill in a stolen shopping cart, but I stood next to the guy who did.

I added a part to the RHPS, and last I heard, people were still doing it.

LM

We lived close to a cherry orchard. Before the cherries completely ripen they make a really funny sound when you throw them at cars (kinda like paintballs). So (naturally) we would throw these cherries at the cars passing by at night, and they'd screech to a hault and then slowly drive off.

But one bigger car stopped and didn't move on...it was a COP...one of those K9 unit guys. Our eyes got really big and we just froze hoping he wouldn't see us. The guy got out, spotted us and then opened the door for the dog. That dog didn't exactly sound like he wanted to make friends. I have never run so fast in my life. We jumped a fence into a horse pasture (that barbed wire did NOT feel good) and got away from the dog...and I guess the cop too.

OK so this one is pretty mean...

Our town was nothing but really old houses and really old door bells. When you'd push the button instead of a "ding-dong" you'd hear a "BUZZ" until you took your finger off the button. So as nice as we were (bored in the summertime), we'd take a little rock and tape it onto the button to the button stayed pushed down...BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ! So these poor folks would have to wake up and have to go outside and take the taped down rock off the doorbell.

Then we'd wait about 1 hour and hit the house again...I'm sure that didn't sit too well with some people.

Guest GhostRider

oh man. talk about glory days...I mean um...:) yeah

We were known for TPing the girls in the Drill Team. One year my buddy thought it would be cool to hit HIS house...now..we were like all state...we even had a stick to wrap little trees...so after we did our thing, had plenty of tp left..we hit his house..we are merrily wrapping the house...then we see lights..then we see an officer. we started snickering. this is what follows:

Nice Officer: Who is the ring leader?

Us: HE IS! (as we point to the guy that lives in said house and he raises his hand)

Nice Officer: OK I need id's now boys

at this point i am going..i am hosed and in deep deep trouble..no id (only 15) and...my uncle is a cop in the township but oh well.

after nice officer runs our info he comes back

Nice Officer: ok..you guys are clean. This is your First Offense..soo...U are going to ring the door bell and tell them u are sorry and come back tomm to clean this mess up!

US: (meek yet amuzed voices) Yes sir

knock knock knock..

the plot thickens!!!

Bubbas mom( ok not real name here...lol: Bubba..what are you do.....Bubba..what have u done! WHY ARE THE POLICE HERE!!!! Bubba? why is the yard WHITE!?

Bubba: Hi mom...yeah...about that...we got bored and well...we got caught! So..we have to come back tomm to clean up..this nice officer told us to! so..Since he told us to come back tomm we are going cow tipping! Night mom!

Nice officer who is really ticked off and a bit confused at this point: YOU LIVE HERE!!!!

Bubba: Well you did call in the location right? MY address IS on my liscense correct Inspector Friday?

At this point I think we are in big trouble....o contrair!

Nice cop who is really Not Happy!!!!: I do NOT want to see you around here TONIGHT....AT ALL!!!! You GOt it!!!!! STAY AT THIS HOUSE!!!!

Us: yes sir!!! (as we try not to laugh our stupid teenage heads off!!!)

after this my uncle said he never laughed so hard! see..i told him about the inspector friday remark..this guy had Drag Net stuff in his call box for months...and the always sent him for TP Busts...Dispatch would come on with...No..No warrents..no priors.y....then after a long pause...and no..they do not live at said adress!!! needless to say...we avoided this guy at ALL costs!! wonder why? oh yeah..he never made Detective either...go figure!

ok...next..we would go to fountain square in Cincinnati...for mishief. we would dump some soap in the fountain...along with a few ...ok...like 20 alkaseltzers glued together...talk about suds...imagine the young kids poaying by the fountain..all is happy till there is a shout!!! FOUNTAIN MONSTER!!!! like roaches with a light..kids went everywhere...including us...think we wanted to talk to CPD?

trust me...these are the tame ones form my misbegotten youth....

:lol: These are some great stories. Thanks!

My brother and his friends used to go through McDonald's drive-thru every single day and order 5 ice waters. Then they finally told them to stop. I loved messing with my friends who worked in drive-thrus. One time we all went to Dairy Queen and my friend said, "Do you have hot fudge sundaes?" Our friend at the window said, "Yes, we do." "Yeah, well I don't want one of those. Do you have cheeseburgers?" "Yes, we do." "I don't want one of those either." I think he did that probably about ten times and then we were all laughing.

One time I t.p.ed my own yard. We caught some friends doing it and went out and helped them. We had an exchange student at the time and I couldn't let her miss out on the fun.