Why I am here.

Elphaba

Elphaba:

...as there are times I am obviously wrong, though not often...

I must agree. The only time I've seen Elphaba wrong about something was regarding Rosie O'Donnell :P - but that's a whole different thread. ;)

M.

Edited by Maureen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for speaking up for yourself, and by doing so, other non-Mormons around here, Elphaba.

I'm a non-Mormon Christian hanging around without any ulterior motives. I'm simply here to learn and enjoy everyone's company. (Seriously, you guys are the nicest bunch I've come across on the Internets.) While I concede that I think I'm something of an "outsider" (for lack of a better term), I feel that everyone's been very welcoming. If I'd received a message like that, I'd feel very sad about it. So thanks for your words :)

Long OP Elphie but for you I read it.:P

I am very happy that you are here. Knowing you has made my life better. I will be the first one to admit that I didn't like you at first. I thought that you were evil.:lol: But now knowing you as well as I do, I can say I Love You and mean it. I am so glad you took down that picture of the witch you had when you first signed on as Elphaba it was scary!:o

I have watched you bloom over the past year you have been here and I believe that you are one of the more respected people at this site. :)

I don't know what I would have done without my Strawberry. And she is right, we did not like each other much, but then there came the day when she messaged me about my previous career, and from that day on we talked daily.

She is so funny, clever, and has a little streak of the "bad girl" in her, and she'll kill me for saying that. But she does, and that makes Strawberry, Strawberry.

In fact, she is such a fabulous friend she helped me take some pictures where I look like a NORMAL person! This is one of my favorites.

Posted Image

Strawberry has become my best friend, and everytime we get together we laugh and laugh and laugh, and sometimes cry, and then laugh again. And you are right Strawberry--I have blossomed here. You are the fruit, ;) and I am the blossom.

I love you Strawberry,

Elphaba

Elphie, I'm pleased that you're still around (Iggy, you too!) but am sad that you sometimes still have to explain why you're here...

I love history, LDS and non-LDS, and love the things I've learned from your historical threads on here.. :)

Thank you Pushka, I really appreciate it.

We've known each other from my beginning, and you've been a great friend. I enjoy reading your posts about your Church membership, and with the exception of the "role playing" fiasco, it sounds like you've found some peace and a place where you feel like you belong. If this is so, then you KNOW how happy I am for you.

Love,

Elphaba

Why am I, Iggy, here? Because I want to be, that's why!:D

My dear Iggy, or should I say "Mrs. S,"

Wasn't that a fun couple of weeks??? At least we were let back onto the board, although, as you say, I am almost didn't come back, but am very

grateful I did.

Thank you so much for your kind words about how "anti-stupid," etc., I am. That cracked me up, and at the same time, I felt the "someone gets it." But then, you know Iggy, that I have always known you get it, and I adore you for it.

As of now, I don't know that anyone has ever apologized to you for your being banned for no reason whatsoever. In fact, you were caught up in something that had nothing to do with you, and you deserved and still deserve an apology--everyone should know this. She did nothing wrong.

But that was then and this is now. And look where we are now! ;)

Love you,

Elphie.

Elphaba:

I must agree. The only time I've seen Elphaba wrong about something was regarding Rosie O'Donnell :P - but that's a whole different thread. ;)

Whoo hoo hooo...:D I did not know YOU disagreed with me. There were a few others who did so as well, which I certainly can't imagine why. :P:p

I also remember the day my friend Maureen sent me a message that I needed to look over a post I'd written and posted to the thread. Thank goodness she was their to read it before anyone else had!

I had taken my sleep meds, and KNOW I cannot write anything once I've done so, but I went for it this time anyway!

And what came out was a mish mash of a drugged old lady where every word was mispelled, and out of sequence. There was more, but it is such a bad memory I have to block it from my mind.

But Maureen to the rescue. She was so sweet, and just wanted to let me know I sounded like I'd been smoking on a pooka bong.;)

Thanks for watching out for me, M.

Elphaba

Oh let's all face it...Elphaba sticks around cuz she loves me the most...... =) (hijack over)

'TIS TRUE! 'tis True!

For example, those AVATARS! Some of them are so cute I want to cuddle them; others are so, well, gorgeous in all the right places, that I need to look away for fear of having a heart attack!

She is a very good friend, and I love it when she joins chat, as she is one of my favorite people when it comes to understanding what the heck I'm saying.

Elphie

Hey Elph!!! I thought you were here to meet me! I am so hurt! :bawl:

I was Miss. After all, you needed a better half, didn't you? :P

We're becoming good friends, and I am so glad to have met you, and also to be at the point where we realize we have much in common. That's a great place to be in a friendship.

Elphie

Where do you get your history research from E?

Hi Rachelle,

If you go to my profile, I've listed most of the books I've read. I also like to do research at journals, such as the BYU Studies, and Dialogue and Sunstone as well.

I also read information from the Utah History Association, and love the journal transcriptions from the Utah Daughter's of the Pioneers.

My favorite thing to do, as listed above, is to read the journals of the early Church members, leaders and pioneers. I've said it a million times, but they were a remarkable people, and I never cease to be moved and amazed by them.

There are a few good websites, including: Saints Without Halos: A Mormon History Website. This is my favorite.

Elphie

Elphaba is also here because I said she could ......:D....any questions.....I didn't think so

Now here is the success story of the decade. Talk about two people who DID NOT like each other.

Now, he is the sweetest teddy bear out there, and I think he is adorable.

(As far as him thinking I am here because of him, just play along. It'll make his day. :P )

Elphie

Now here is the success story of the decade. Talk about two people who DID NOT like each other.

Now, he is the sweetest teddy bear out there, and I think he is adorable.

(As far as him thinking I am here because of him, just play along. It'll make his day. :P )

Elphie

by saying these kind things about me you are going to ruin my reputation here.....:D