Weight Loss plans?

CliffieDuckie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of exercise does this video have breeb?

Its called 30 Day Shred. You can lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days. She has 3 different workouts. Level 1, level 2 and level 3. Each has 3 min of strength, 2 min of cardio and 1 min of abs put into 6 min circuits with a 2 min warm up and a 2 min cool down. I've only done level 1 so far. It really kicks your butt. I think I'm finally ready to advance to level 2. Im going to try it out tomorrow. She mixes weights with cardio and I've read thats the best way to lose weight. Especially for women.

She does lunges, and squats mixed with weights. Push ups, crunches, bicycle crunches, (the crunches are awesome!) jumping jacks, jump rope (with your invisible rope) butt kicks, and boxing.

Im seeing some definition in my legs and I'm feeling it in my tummy. My tummy is getting flatter. Its not as easy to see, but I know its there. I'm not seeing it in my arms though. I have 2 pounders and 5 pounders. The 2 is not enough and the 5 is to much, so I need to get me some 3's. I started out using 3's and loved it, but my boy lost one.

I was a size 5 before I got pregnant with my son, but was still flabby. I tried everything to get toned. Nothing worked as well as this has. Good thing too. Now that I've had 2 kids I'm far from that size 5. I cant wait to fit in those pants again.:bouncingclap:

Its called 30 Day Shred. You can lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days. She has 3 different workouts. Level 1, level 2 and level 3. Each has 3 min of strength, 2 min of cardio and 1 min of abs put into 6 min circuits with a 2 min warm up and a 2 min cool down. I've only done level 1 so far. It really kicks your butt. I think I'm finally ready to advance to level 2. Im going to try it out tomorrow. She mixes weights with cardio and I've read thats the best way to lose weight. Especially for women.

She does lunges, and squats mixed with weights. Push ups, crunches, bicycle crunches, (the crunches are awesome!) jumping jacks, jump rope (with your invisible rope) butt kicks, and boxing.

Im seeing some definition in my legs and I'm feeling it in my tummy. My tummy is getting flatter. Its not as easy to see, but I know its there. I'm not seeing it in my arms though. I have 2 pounders and 5 pounders. The 2 is not enough and the 5 is to much, so I need to get me some 3's. I started out using 3's and loved it, but my boy lost one.

I was a size 5 before I got pregnant with my son, but was still flabby. I tried everything to get toned. Nothing worked as well as this has. Good thing too. Now that I've had 2 kids I'm far from that size 5. I cant wait to fit in those pants again.:bouncingclap:

Okay well if it kicks your butt it will probably kill me. But it sounds interesting and worth looking into.

Mailis, is that a half mile in British or Swedish measurement? I'd assume Finland and Norway don't use the British mile -- am I right?

UH American miles=1,5 km.... :D

I need to watch my knes both have used too much and havea...a...a... where is my dictionary.... worn?? Meaning every step sometimes hurt.

Anyway Ibeen walking at least 6 km every day this veek. Walking= half running with my tongue hanging out after my frend in wheel chair:p plus all the electric things.... my tights hurt so thismorning.

I think I tought of km... butwrote mais.... I run half a km. HEY that is better than lastyears 10m.

Edited by Maya

The only time my best friend lost weight was when she got food poisoning and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. She lost 80 pounds! She could have lost 50 and been okay, but the 80 was too much.

The only time I have ever lost weight was when I was following the Carbohydrates Addict Program. Help for Carbohydrate Addicts, Books by Drs. Richard & Rachael Heller

I was on it for nearly a year and lost about 50 pounds. I would lose maybe 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. I was also out in my yard/garden a lot too. I was working at an office job so I knew I wasn't getting any exercise.

I went off the diet when I ended up single. Fresh vegetables, meats, fruits cost more than canned and frozen.

I know that I should go back on it- I even found my copy of the book in a box in storage. My husband just will not eat fresh fruit and vegetables. He will eat fresh spinach IF I mix it with Garden Express Salad (blah). He eats raw carrots. Once in a blue moon he will eat an apple, and he does love cantaloupe.

I get exhausted cooking two basically different meals. Fresh or el dente steamed vegetables for me, and cooked nearly to mush for him. Fresh fruits for me and canned peaches or applesauce for him (that is all he will eat)

It costs so much more for our groceries.

So, that is my whiny pitiful excuse. I am going to go sit in my rocker and pout now.

The only time my best friend lost weight was when she got food poisoning and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. She lost 80 pounds! She could have lost 50 and been okay, but the 80 was too much.

The only time I have ever lost weight was when I was following the Carbohydrates Addict Program. Help for Carbohydrate Addicts, Books by Drs. Richard & Rachael Heller

I was on it for nearly a year and lost about 50 pounds. I would lose maybe 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. I was also out in my yard/garden a lot too. I was working at an office job so I knew I wasn't getting any exercise.

I went off the diet when I ended up single. Fresh vegetables, meats, fruits cost more than canned and frozen.

I know that I should go back on it- I even found my copy of the book in a box in storage. My husband just will not eat fresh fruit and vegetables. He will eat fresh spinach IF I mix it with Garden Express Salad (blah). He eats raw carrots. Once in a blue moon he will eat an apple, and he does love cantaloupe.

I get exhausted cooking two basically different meals. Fresh or el dente steamed vegetables for me, and cooked nearly to mush for him. Fresh fruits for me and canned peaches or applesauce for him (that is all he will eat)

It costs so much more for our groceries.

So, that is my whiny pitiful excuse. I am going to go sit in my rocker and pout now.

Make sure Iggy you use your legs to push yourself in the rocker. Your legs will get some exercise. hahaha Couldn't resist. Love ya. :P

Google: spartan regime..... it is straight talking and goes against alot of things that are shoved down out throats about our bodies... and funnily enough, goes with the word of wisdom....

By copyright, I am not allowed to tell you anything about it. But I can tell you that it works and it is logical and I put my whole word behind it. There is a costs less than a weeks worth of shopping, which by all measures if it changes the way you eat and exersise and changes your life for the better, it is money well spent.

30 Day Shred: I have heard that it is hard on your lower back? I am thinking of trying it, though.

It doesnt hurt my lower back but I do have knots in my shoulders and shoulder blade area. I think its from the weight lifting. My husband has been very supportive and will try to rub the knots out for me. The thing I've found is you have to find what works for you and go with it. My sister loves step arobics but that doesnt do anything for me. This video on the other hand is the most awesome thing for me and I'm not so sure its right for my sister.

Make sure Iggy you use your legs to push yourself in the rocker. Your legs will get some exercise. hahaha Couldn't resist. Love ya. :P

Pam, you aren't far from the target there! :D

:lol: My Diabetic nutritionist told me to swing my legs when I am sitting at my desk working- To reach up and touch the underside of my desk with my feet, yes it is some exercise! When I take a break, I walk fast up and down the hall way at work and swing my arms as much as I can. Similar to what power walkers do.

Pam, you aren't far from the target there! :D

:lol: My Diabetic nutritionist told me to swing my legs when I am sitting at my desk working- To reach up and touch the underside of my desk with my feet, yes it is some exercise! When I take a break, I walk fast up and down the hall way at work and swing my arms as much as I can. Similar to what power walkers do.

Wow, I'm smarter than I thought I was.

Okay, now for a lighter side of dieting & exercise:

My Dr told me that I could eat anything, as long as I don't swallow.

I am not fat, I am fluffy.

I am on a sea food diet. I see food, I eat.

What light hearted, funny things have you heard-read?

Okay, now for a lighter side of dieting & exercise:

My Dr told me that I could eat anything, as long as I don't swallow.

I am not fat, I am fluffy.

I am on a sea food diet. I see food, I eat.

What light hearted, funny things have you heard-read?

Not overweight. My height just hasn't caught up yet. I really should be 8 feet tall.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Make sure you work on resistance training, muscles move the body and you cant burn fat without them, cardio is important, it heats up your core temperature and burns fat for about 4 hours after you stop, stretching keeps you from being injured, if all else fails volunteer in the nursery but beware you may end up with a calling

• 2 weeks later...

Weight regulation to me is like breathing. You can take conscious control for a while, but eventually it will do what it does. To regulate weight is like so many other things in life. You don't do it directly. It is a by-product of other systems being in balance. It seems to me that a healthy meal with everything you need will stop cravings. This is not easy to find in the current food supply. Over simplified I know, but you are having a tug of war with powerful hormones like thyroid, leptin and ghrelin, and if you don't work with them, they will win in the long term, just like if you try to hold your breath for 15 minutes, somewhere along the way you will lose the tug of war with your conscious control over your breath. The above metabolic training sounds like the right kind of thing. The hormones need to be in the right levels and received properly. If something is low or high or the receptor is blocked, you will operate out of synch and the body will compensate with food as one instinct among others. I like the latest I read on the food pyramid. Having a hypoglycemic background, no one needed to tell me that the food pyramid was no good. It just wasn't possible for me to follow it and feel anything resembling good. If you want to look like a pyramid, eat like one. It appears to be designed by marketers, which I had suspected for a while, but it seems like there is more evidence now. Food Pyramid Found Guilty | Weight Loss News is a fun article for a case in point. In fairness here, he doesn't cover the brain's ability to heal, so healing even from that kind of damage can be done, but why go there if you know better. Another thing that seems to me to be a problem is that the subconscious and conscious don't seem to communicate very well. If you are tired, you will naturally crave your preferred kind of junk, sugar, fat, salt, whatever. In my case, sugar should give more energy, right? Really though, other things will fill the hole without making it bigger. This takes conscious and disciplined interpretation of the subconscious signal of hunger. Also I noticed recently that eating comfort food rewards the bad behavior of not feeling well. Interesting experience, but I see it clearly now. Feel bad, reward with good food. Yay. Cycle is created. Learn not to go there.

• 2 weeks later...

As I have, at times, struggled with my weight (At one point I hit 210 lbs. at 5' 9"). What I have found works best (for me) is a low glycemic approach. Many folks associate this with low carb, but they are not the same, althouhg the "principle" is similar. The first step is to nix the soda pop (sugary). Then try to eliminate as many processed foods containing sugar as possible. This is not a "no sugar diet", but a low sugar diet. (See Sugar Busters! 2003) Whole grains are very acceptable, vegfetables and most fruits are a go (although I don't worry too much about fruits...), lean meats, 1%-2% milk, etc.

The purpose is to try to control the appetite and insulin production through the low glycemic approach. Again, this has worked for me, but I know I am not everyone else.

Jon

Jon, I look forward to 210 at 5'9". I am usually up around 240. Am down to 220 now and headed to 200. Currently wearing a 36 waist in Wranglers with an inside the waistband holster.

Ben Raines

Wranglers? Are you a wanna be cowboy? :eek:

Not wanna be. Have always been my whole life and just came out of the closet after living in the big city for the last 7 years. I grew up on a farm and am working my way back to a small one. I got my boots out of storage, my felt stetson and my wranglers. Oh I have Levi's too but my wife likes the fit of the Wranglers and she doesn't even like cowboys.

Ben Raines