I need some help preparing my talk

MormonGirl94

First of all I must say that I am a horrible public speaker and I am not looking forward to speaking. I haven't even begun to prepare it, hehe I procrastanate a lot. I have to speak on Girl's Camp and how it strengthened my testimony. In my opinion it is not a very easy topic. I only bear my testimony for small groups or just not at all. I figure if I talk about my testimony, I'll have to bear it. I bore my testimony for the first time at girl's camp this year and I was a nervous wreck. I need any tips I can get, please help!!!

I bore my testimony for the first time at girl's camp this year and I was a nervous wreck. I need any tips I can get, please help!!!

There's your talk right there! Talk about it being your first time and how it made you feel. That should be a start that will keep you going. The best talks are always someone bearing a strong testimony. That's my opinion anyway.

Everyone is different -- but I like to find a scripture that goes along with my talk and testimony.

You'll do fine!!!!! Just let the Spirit guide you:)

Hey you made me remember the time I was asked for the first time to give a talk. It was about friendship and I remember I procrastinated until Saturday Night just before I had to give my talk. I allowed the spirit to guide me, pretty much because I figured there was no way I could do it without inspiration, and even less with such a short time! lol

I dont remember what I talked about (I wrote it somewhere but I dont know where) but it was a pretty good talk. everybody liked it and even the kids were listening to me =D

I told a small story from the bible and how that related to us. then I gave my testimony about friendship and that I considered Jesus Christ to be our best friend. that is all I can remember now. but seek the guidance of the spirit! it will impress you how much it can tell you.

and try to share your testimony more often.

I do it every 1st Sunday of the month.

I am not going to lie I feel so strong and I always think about what I will be saying just before I go to the podium. but at the moment I am there I freak out and sometimes I start shaking a little. and I completely forget what I was going to talk about. But I just let the Spirit remind me what I know is true and how that keeps me strong.

then at the end I feel great hahaha

These types of things (talking about your experiences at Girl's Camp) are intended to bless your life and the lives of those around you. They are not intended to make you fear or feel miserable.

So my first bit of advice would be to CHEER UP and express gratitude to Heavenly Father for having this opportunity to share your testimony! Approach this assignment with enthusiasm.

Like others have said ... share your esperiences. We cannot help you with this...since we have no idea what your experience was. Only YOU know that!!!!!!

Did you laugh while you were there? What about? What were the circumstances?

Did you have a testimony meeting? What do you remember from that meeting? Why were some parts meaningful.

There is no WRONG WAY to share your LIFE EXPERIENCES. Just open your mouth and share.

As far as nerves....one thing that helps me when I give a talk in Church is to practice my talk, either with my wife or one of my kids....practice practice practice. I set a timer and see how long my talk is going...if I need to add more or perhaps cut down some of the wordiness.

Pray for insight, strength and courage. You'll be fine!

• 4 weeks later...