Hi...

Kapeenee

Earthyangel....I saw this tagline and all I could think was this.....

"God....Save us from Satan and all of his fanatics!!!"

I don't think I've ever met a Satan fanatic. Can you name one?

God fanatics, on the other hand...

The Crusades, The Inquisition, The Mormon Extermination Order, The Mountain Meadows Massacre, 9/11, The Iraq War... just to name a few.

The interesting thing about the First Crusade is that the crusaders killed far more Christians than Muslims. Once they got beyond Constantinople they assumed everyone must be a Muslim, so they killed everyone they could. When the crusaders did catch up with the Muslims, who were armed, they pretty much took it in the neck. Unfortunately, Peter the Hermit escaped (if he was, in fact, there) to promote future crusades.

And welcome, Kapeenee, although I'm sure you were here before me. I'm an addict, too. But I'm working on it.

Edited by Captain_Curmudgeon
Argh: forgot what thread this was.

Hidden

I don't think I've ever met a Satan fanatic. Can you name one?

God fanatics, on the other hand...

The Crusades, The Inquisition, The Mormon Extermination Order, The Mountain Meadows Massacre, 9/11, The Iraq War... just to name a few.

You don't think satan had a hand in any of those events????

The interesting thing about the First Crusade is that the crusaders killed far more Christians than Muslims. Once they got beyond Constantinople they assumed everyone must be a Muslim, so they killed everyone they could. When the crusaders did catch up with the Muslims, who were armed, they pretty much took it in the neck. Unfortunately, Peter the Hermit escaped (if he was, in fact, there) to promote future crusades.

My favorite Crusade was the Albigensian Crusade that was waged against the Cathar Christians in France. The Cathars were considered heretics by the Church of Rome. A famous quote comes from when the General in charge of the Crusade asked if they should try to sort out the heretics from innocents in the city they were about to sack. The response was "Kill them all, and let God sort them out."