Howdy...

ldsmissionary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an ex-Mormon. Happy, healthy, and here.

hey! me, too!

Though I suppose my name is still on the rolls of the Church. Can one be an ex-mormon if that is the case?

I've often considered getting myself excommunicated. I've done enough to warrant it.

But then, I'd feel I'd be wasting a lot of people's time and energy. The various Church leaders who's time I'd be taking spend enough time away from their families as it is. It wouldn't be very compassionate to put them through it.

Though I admit I've had day-dreams about making an accounting of my "sins" to a bunch of neck-tied men.

First, apologies to ldsmissionary for hijacking his welcome thread.

But this is an illustration of one of my great attractions to this site: there are people here who can not only "get" my humor, but not be offended by it.

(Apologies to the other people.)

No apologies necessary. I'm honored to have you hijack my welcome thread. I can tell already that I like you. :)

hey! me, too!

Though I suppose my name is still on the rolls of the Church. Can one be an ex-mormon if that is the case?

I've often considered getting myself excommunicated. I've done enough to warrant it.

But then, I'd feel I'd be wasting a lot of people's time and energy. The various Church leaders who's time I'd be taking spend enough time away from their families as it is. It wouldn't be very compassionate to put them through it.

Though I admit I've had day-dreams about making an accounting of my "sins" to a bunch of neck-tied men.

Rather than excommunication, you might try a simple resignation. Super easy to do.

I haven't officially resigned yet, but it's simply a formality. I still behave like a good Mormon, which leaves the possibility of excommunication out of the picture.

Wait, I do have a website that would probably merit excommunication.

Rather than excommunication, you might try a simple resignation. Super easy to do.

I haven't officially resigned yet, but it's simply a formality. I still behave like a good Mormon, which leaves the possibility of excommunication out of the picture.

Wait, I do have a website that would probably merit excommunication.

Oh, I know I could have my name removed.

Just seems sorta anti-climactic after giving so many good years of my life to the Church. A part of me feels it's owed a little pomp and circumstance.

Feel free to PM me your web link. If you show me yours, I'll show you mine!

Kevin

hey! me, too!

Because you enjoy making grown men cry?

Welcome, ldsmissionary. Kind of an odd name for you, but oh well.