Missionaries sent away

So I had asked for missionaries to contact me, and they did... Twice now. Both times while I wasn't home and they got basically torn apart by my family. How can I get in contact with them so I can talk to them.... but possibly not at my house since it will turn into a war zone?

Also, what do they usually talk about when you do meet them?

How did you get a hold of missionaries before? Usually a phone number is given and so they call you. Which is usually at your house. Maybe you could write them an e-mail. (I think most missionaries have e-mail?) But you would have to talk to them first. You can usually call the local ward, or the current Mission Office (or look it up online) and they can pass on the information to the missionaries in your area.

You could meet them at the church, or if you know a LDS member you can meet them at your house! Do you know any mormons?

The Missionaries are there to teach you the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. They well give you a Book of mormon to read, and study and pray about. Then teach you lessons about our church and why the Gospel needed to be restored.

Hope that helps.

go to the yellowpages & look in the churches section. When you find The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, look for one that is near you. You can call usually on Tues or Wed nights or on Sunday and ask to speak to some missionaries. If they aren't there someone should be able to give you their number. Or you could go to a service on Sunday and tell them yourself. Because no one is paid, it is hard to find anyone there during the day as they are out working their jobs! Except missionaries! They are teaching the Gospel full time. you could also pray for HEavenly Father to bless you to run into them or for them to come by when you ARE home.

Everything the people on here said is great advice.

Also, if you visit a ward, usually on the back of the bulletin there is a listing of important phone numbers where you can contact the missionaries or someone else in authority that could get ahold of them for you.

I had a cousin that took the missionary lessons and she met the missionaries at the church, since the people she was staying with were members of another church. Sometimes they can when they have access to the building.

Also, if you can get to a temple visitor center there are usually missionaries there that can help you.

RachelAnne, contact the missionaries again and see if they can arrange for you to meet with them at a member's house. They would have access to the members, easier than you would. The missionaries will introduce you to the LDS church by telling you how it got started (they would say restored ;)). I think they still call them "discussions". Good luck!

Thanks everyone, I'll try to contact the missionaries. Hopefully they're free while I am! (I go to school and work all the time)

I'm hoping to go to a meeting this Sunday. What's it like? From what it says on mormon.org, it sounds like any other church service, but for some reason I thought it would be much different.

On the first Sunday of the month (unless there is a Stake conference or general conference), we have a Testimony meeting, where members of the congregation can get up if they desire and share a short testimony. Some are definatly better then others. I have both been moved to tears by some and to near boredom by others.

Our services are similar to Protestant sevices except the members themselves do the preaching - not paid clergy(we don't have any). The Bishop gives out the subject matter 1 or 2 weeks in advance to 3 or 4 people and they give 'talks' on that subject (a gospel principle or scripture passage). Since we have Stake Conference next Sunday our Testimony meeting was last Sunday, very good spirit filled meeting until this one woman got up and rambled on for 15 minutes about not much in particular - of course she waited until the very last minute to go up and we went way over on time making our Sunday School class very short.

Sorry for the rant. I love our meetings but sometimes you never know whats going to happen with lay people doing everything. Luckily the good things always out weighs the bad things. I have only seen twice in 15 years where the Bishop has had to step in to clairify or straighten something out.

Edited by mnn727

Thanks everyone, I'll try to contact the missionaries. Hopefully they're free while I am! (I go to school and work all the time)

I'm hoping to go to a meeting this Sunday. What's it like? From what it says on mormon.org, it sounds like any other church service, but for some reason I thought it would be much different.

They will be able to work around your schedule -- no problem.

If you have any more questions -- just ask -- we're here to answer questions as well as support you in getting with the missionaries and attending services.:)

often times members of the Church will have standing invitations so that local missionaries can easily meet with you in the home of a member that lives near your home. It's also a great way to get fellowship with an existing member of the church. If you can't get ahold of the missionaries, just get the phone number of the ward mission leader.

So... They came again today but my Mom was home. She wouldn't let me come out and talk to them and she stood outside and tore them apart again. Also, she convinced them that I don't really want to talk to them and they should not come back... and they said they wouldn't "bother" us again! NOW What!

There's always the phone - do you have a cell phone? Contact them by phone and tell them not to go to your parent's house but make arrangements to meet at a member's house. You are an adult, right RachelAnne? You must have an adult conversation with your family, especially your Mother. If your parents have certain rules regarding their house you must follow them, but if you can come to some "mutual respect" arrangement, then these moments might be avoided. Hope things work out.