Swimsuits that don't cause "wardrobe malfunctions"

RachelAnne

My family just bought a hot tub (yay!) and I've realized that 2-piece swimsuits don't work well with the spa jets... I was topless the first time I got in the tub! Thank goodness I was alone!

So now I'm in search of a one-piece... but there's a problem... One piece swimsuits always give me a wedgie and I personally don't like feeling like I'm wearing no more than underwear on the bottom. I want a one piece with more coverage on the bottom (like short shorts). I've looked EVERYWHERE and they don't exist! Anyone have ideas?

... I was topless the first time I got in the tub! Thank goodness I was alone! So now I'm in search of a one-piece... but there's a problem... One piece swimsuits always give me a wedgie and I personally don't like feeling like I'm wearing no more than underwear on the bottom... Anyone have ideas?

Keep soaking alone and use the one-button suit you had when you were born. No wedgies, no chaffing, no binding, and they dry very quickly.

Been using mine in hot tubs all my life and it's always worked great. Getting a little wrinkled lately but it's still a perfect fit.:sunny:

Naturally,

R.O.

Just Googleing "Modest swimwear solutions" brought up some interesting blogs and websites. You might want to look through some of those. There was even a pattern if your good with a sewing machine.

I have shopped Newport News for years and they carry suits for tall people. It could be that you have a long wasit if you are having these problems and are not especially tall. Another option to having your bottom hanging out is to wear shorts over your bathing suit.;)

Just curious -- why were you topless when you got IN the tub, rather than when you got out? Haha...j/k. You could try this websiteModest Swimsuit Tops | Modbe Catalog, which has two piece suits, but tankini styles, and skirted bottoms. Or (as I amusingly found one day), if you're up for extreme modesty in your swimwear, try this: Modest Swimwear Solutions | ...finally, a modest swimsuit pattern!

1. I don't understand church members and 2 piece suits

2. I don't understand church members who want to show their bodies off with one pieces.

3. I have always worn shorts and shirts when I was a kids, then when I became older they made swimming pieces that cover garments (made from spandex I think you people call it in the USA, the swim suit material).

I see no problem with covering my whole body when swimming. We especially need to cover the whole body if we want to go swimming with stingers on our Great Barrier Reef.

My wife bought a one piece swimsuit a little while ago. I told she looked beautiful in it, but that she should never wear it in public as it was immodest. She has yet to wear it in public without a exterior shirt to cover her but I am going to have to ask her if she ever got the swimsuit modified so it is modest.

1. I don't understand church members and 2 piece suits

2. I don't understand church members who want to show their bodies off with one pieces.

3. I have always worn shorts and shirts when I was a kids, then when I became older they made swimming pieces that cover garments (made from spandex I think you people call it in the USA, the swim suit material).

I see no problem with covering my whole body when swimming. We especially need to cover the whole body if we want to go swimming with stingers on our Great Barrier Reef.

Umm, first of all it's really uncomfortable to sit in a hot tub in a wetsuit. When I'm in public at our cabin, I wear a wetsuit (partly because the water is cold, partly because I don't like the neighbor boys staring).

Secondly, I think modesty isn't really about the amount of skin that's covered-it's the INTENT behind it. I want a modest one-piece... Modest means something different to me than it does to you, I guess. That's ok-makes life more interesting.

I talked my parents into buying that red swimsuit for me... YAY! They were happy it wasn't just a really expensive bikini (like the ones my sisters buy... why they walk around with no more than basically underwear on is beyond me)

Secondly, I think modesty isn't really about the amount of skin that's covered-it's the INTENT behind it.

Couldn't agree more. I think modesty and humility (as virtues) are closely connected.

I've seen modest and immodest nude people. (This may anger or annoy some, but I've seen many modest nude people swimming at the old Deseret Gym.)

I can well imagine very immodest CTR rings. In fact, I have trouble imagining a modest one, but as you say, it's the intent. If you wear one as a reminder to choose the right, that's one thing; if you wear one to show everyone how virtuous you are, that's immodest. Big, showy, gold, gems on your CTR ring? I don't care what else you're wearing or not wearing; I think I have a good read on your modesty.

I do not see how a skin-tight/form-hugging spandex suit is more modest. It hugs every curve of your body. Just because something covers your skin, does not mean it is more modest. Besides, when I swim, I actually LIKE feeling the water. But, hey, that's just me! ;)

Ewww, I just got an image of what is fast becoming a typcal USA woman (well, men too)nowadays in spandex. :o

Thanks a lot.:mad:

Hi. I absolutely hate swimsuits but this may help. I buy a speedo racerback about once every 3 years. You have to try several on to make sure it fits right. And get it at a sporting goods store there is a huge difference in quality. Then I buy running shorts to match. They are not as tight as swim shorts and are still made of material that dries quickly. The suite is about 70-to 80 dollars but at sporting goods stores you can find them half off at the end of the season. If you rinse them in the sink and hang to dry they last about 3 years for me. I go to the lake a ton and water ski. Hope this helps.

Hey, that's funny Moksha, I would actually guess high schools and colleges in Utah with swimming teams use the general Speedo suits (the ones for men you can squeeze dry in one hand and the ones for women that are one piece but form fitting -- and dark in color for obvious reasons). I have to admit that back in high school this made me a bit uncomfortable when I joined the varsity swim team.

I believe BYU art classes require models to wear bikinis rather than go nude as most colleges do for human figure projects. In college I met a gal at a hot spring once who was not really into swim suits (that's all I am going to say but I was in shorts, so there) but she was wearing a CTR ring if I recall right and that's what prompted us to get into a conversation about the subject. I think she was an art major.

I do not see how a skin-tight/form-hugging spandex suit is more modest. It hugs every curve of your body. Just because something covers your skin, does not mean it is more modest. Besides, when I swim, I actually LIKE feeling the water. But, hey, that's just me! ;)

For obvious reasons Truegrits, one who is swimming does not want to be weighed down and held back by free flowing material. So there has to be a compromise about what is warn. Plus if I were sitting in a hot tub as the original post was talking about, if you wore a free flowing thing, it would be going everywhere and not covering very much either. As swimming is a sport and especially in competition, there has to be compromise on what one can do to be moddest, hence spandex. At least the skin is covered, as opposed to a swim suite. For instance, when I am swimming in the sea, I just wear the spandex stuff. but if I am in the home pool, I wear the spandex plus a shirt. I usually always wear shorts that are fast drying (as it is light and doesnt' really hold you back when swimming).

For obvious reasons Truegrits, one who is swimming does not want to be weighed down and held back by free flowing material.

:confused:...:confused:

I was addressing the 'modesty' issue, so I am confused by your "free flowing material" weighing one down when swimming...

Plus, I am not sure what swim suits you have in mind, but I have never had one with voluminous amounts of flowing material. Swim suits with a 'modesty' skirt have minimal material, and it is attached to the swim suit, and nothing is 'going everywhere'.

I have no trouble swimming in the sea, water skiing, snorkeling...and all without spandex...and with my modesty intact...;)

I have nothing against spandex; wear it all you want. My point was, that it is not necessarily more modest!

//I have nothing against spandex; wear it all you want. My point was, that it is not necessarily more modest!//

LOL Truegrits.... No I just think maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough... maybe, and you misunderstood what I was saying. To sum it all up....

1. 2 piece is better than none

2. something that covers your whole body parts that should be covered is better than 2 piece

3. shirts and shorts are fine if you don't need to go swimming in a race or snorkling etc

4. spandex one piece covering to knees and shoulders (as opposed to the one piece that the first person said gives you wedgies etc) is best if you are racing etc etc....

Another funny thing about bathers.... My mother when I was growing up grossed me out. She had no idea about covering her body when she was swimming. She would buy a normal one piece with the silly little too-too skirt that covered squat and think that it was modest (she is American size like 24-26 I think). Meanwhile her chest was hanging out, and her thighs were hanging out, and lets not talk about the rest of the jelly. She is retirement age now and I still have not convinced her that that toto skirt thing covers squat...LOL.

I hope that clears your confusion...LOL

Edited by Nappaljarri

The rule I used when my daughter wanted a new suit and argued the one piece two piece thing...What will they allow at girl's camp? The stakes here in my area will not allow anything but a one piece at girl's camp. No tankinis etc. So I told her to base it on that. I told her why should there be two standards...one away from girl's camp and one at girl's camp.