Swimsuits that don't cause "wardrobe malfunctions"

RachelAnne

I do not see how a skin-tight/form-hugging spandex suit is more modest. It hugs every curve of your body. Just because something covers your skin, does not mean it is more modest. Besides, when I swim, I actually LIKE feeling the water. But, hey, that's just me! ;)

I agree.

The only difference between spandex suits and painting your body is - well, there isn't much of a difference. The spandex suit comes off and you have a tangible garment in your hands. The paint comes off - and down the drain.

Painting your body is covering it- but it is a FAR cry from being modest!

The same goes for the skin tight knit tops and leggings that are worn now days. They also show every curve, bump, wrinkle and indentation of your body. The tops can cover you from your chin to your hips and be long sleeved and still be extremely immodest. Same for the leggings.

I agree.

The only difference between spandex suits and painting your body is - well, there isn't much of a difference. The spandex suit comes off and you have a tangible garment in your hands. The paint comes off - and down the drain.

Painting your body is covering it- but it is a FAR cry from being modest!

The same goes for the skin tight knit tops and leggings that are worn now days. They also show every curve, bump, wrinkle and indentation of your body. The tops can cover you from your chin to your hips and be long sleeved and still be extremely immodest. Same for the leggings.

Perhaps, but in my ward the bishop's wife, the music leader and the primary president would take issue with you.

Hahaha this thread is hilarious. I was a swimmer in high school so I indeed wore those tiny little Speedos. I loved um. Got a tan almost everywhere. And yeah they were immodest IF that is what you went to a swim meet to look at. Me, I was more interested in watching quality swimming. I mean yeah I would check the girls out cause I am a guy but I never let my mind wander too much because I was in competition and needed to focus.

Lately I have loved reading these threads where we take some minute point and blow it all out of proportion. Everyone has their own interpretation of the so called "it is not meet that I command in all things" doctrines of the church. I think it is hilarious to see people get offended when their interpretation isn't accepted by others.

I think it's actually easier now to find modest swimsuits now than it used to be. I've noticed a few companies popping up with styles that look like biker shorts and tops with zippers that are made like wetsuits. I have one like that and I love it. I bought it when I started physical therapy after being on crutches for 4 months and had to learn how to walk again. They had a treadmill in a pool and because I would be the only person wearing a swimsuit, I felt extra shy about wearing any old swimsuit. When you go to a beach, you at least feel like you're all in the same boart. :) Anyway, the extra material makes it take longer to dry off, but it was worth it to me and I have gone swimming a lot more since I bought it. Good investment!

• 1 year later...
Guest adverdelex
Hidden

A two-piece is the best option while you are selecting the best of swimsuits, if having a big bust is your only problem. This also widens the area for mix and matches as well. You can go for conservative cut on top and be a little more daring and naughty with the bottom.

Hidden

A two-piece is the best option while you are selecting the best of swimsuits, if having a big bust is your only problem. This also widens the area for mix and matches as well. You can go for conservative cut on top and be a little more daring and naughty with the bottom.

When does the Church ever advocate being a little daring or naughty with swimsuits?