Should I ditch church??

siouxz72

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..pammy... she is! A huge Pats fan.. but there's a really cute story behind why she is. When littlemisschatterbox was in kindergarten she went to a newly built school whose mascot was The Patriots. They would broadcast the games each week on a big screen in the cafeteria and show them again on Saturday mornings for the kids who couldn't come over on a Sunday. So, being the little school spirit leader that she is, she watched every game at home with us on Sundays and cheered "her" team on! She learned many great things in her Kindegarten year...amongst those things was the song God Bless The USA by Lee Greenwood and how to be a lifelong fan! :)

Just get drunk and do whatever feels good.

The other day I was reading this article about how people who tell humorless jokes actually incite feelings of violence in their listeners. Sociologists speculate that a social code has been broken...a promise of levity and lighthearted pleasantness has been promised, only to be dashed by a punchline that lacks humor, brilliance or any redeeming quality. Perhaps, it is a social survival instinct, that people's gut-reaction to such is so strong.

I'm not sure why that article came to mind as I read this . . . :cool:

The other day I was reading this article about how people who tell humorless jokes actually incite feelings of violence in their listeners. Sociologists speculate that a social code has been broken...a promise of levity and lighthearted pleasantness has been promised, only to be dashed by a punchline that lacks humor, brilliance or any redeeming quality.

The last couple of days I have had feelings of irritation (no violence) at just such a lack of "any redeeming quality" ... in fact, the intention seems to deliberately promote antaganism, which for me is a turn-off.

well...ya'll..i did indeed miss church, but it was for a much worse reason. I broke a water pipe and had to get it fixed. :( I was sooooo sad!!

siouxz was down there pounding away with a jack hammer trying to get that pipe to break.....finally around half time...the pipe broke and siouxz felt redeemed for having stayed home.....:D:D