The #1 song in the USA on your special day

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

I'm a big music fan. I have it going all the time, even when I'm sleeping. Back in 1988 I started collecting all the #1 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. I have all American #1 pop song from 1955 to today. I even have number one songs from the 1890 to 1954. Not all of them though. One thing I like to do Is tell people the #1 song on a special date that means something to them. It could be your date of birth, wedding day. your childrens date of birth, & ect. Apparently another music buff has created a free web site that lets you find out about you song. All you do is click on your month and date. If you want to share your special song/songs on this topic.:)

#1 Song on This Date in History

My D.O.B. -- "I Want You back" - Jackson 5

High School Graduation -- "Rock On" - Michael Damian

Baptism into the church -- "When I See You Smile" - Bad English

This is mine.

My DOB - "Singing the Blues" - Guy Mitchell

High School Graduation - "Billy Don't Be a Hero" - Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods

Day my first child born - "Don't Wanna Lose You" - Gloria Estefan

But everyone that has mentioned songs..Were those the songs REALLY on the #1 billboard charts according to the link on the OP?

Mine were :angel:

I don't want a big hoopla on my birthday, but will say, my birthday was Nov 16, 1978, daughter's was March 15, 2000 and hubby's was June 7, 1982 and the songs I posted were the ones on the link from the op.

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

But everyone that has mentioned songs..Were those the songs REALLY on the #1 billboard charts according to the link on the OP?

Yes those are really the #1 songs according to Billboard magazine & books. I have several of their publications and they all corespond with the songs listed on the site.

Birthday= Blue Tango by LeRoy Anderson

Graduation = Everything is Beautiful by Ray Stevens

Married = Lean Back by Terror Squad

Sealing= SOS by Rihanna

Husband Birthday = Moonlight Cocktail by Glenn Miller.

Who? I don't know any of these. Must be wayyyyy before my time. haha j/k Iggy. Unfortunately I know all of them.

Who? I don't know any of these. Must be wayyyyy before my time. haha j/k Iggy. Unfortunately I know all of them.

I don't know my birth song or artist- I was a bit young for that.

We played Everything is Beautiful at my graduation- while that song was playing, a bunch of the parents lobbed rotten vegetables and fruits down upon our heads. They also booed the student speakers. This was June 1970- and we were short nearly half of our graduating males due to the Vietnam 'War'! Thus, the themes of the speeches was the war. Some for supporting it and some for resisting it. What these parents totally forgot is our constitutional right to freedom of speech.

We redid the seating formation so that the girls were in the formation of the peace sign in the center of all of graduates. We were wearing black and white. Guys were in white.

I will always be so grateful that my parents were NOT among the "rabble rouser's"- and that my Dad wrote to the local paper chastising those 'adults' who did do this. He was thoroughly disgusted.