The Snowdonia Experience!

pushka

I attended this Single Adults' Convention over the weekend, here in the UK in Wales and really enjoyed myself.

I travelled down with 3 other members/investigators from my local ward on Friday afternoon, stayed over till Saturday night and then travelled back in the early hours of Sunday morning..

Unfortunately, on the way home, just outside of Bangor, we had to cross a ford and the car crashed into the wall at the other side!! Fortunately nobody was badly injured, we were all wearing our seatbelts (mine is tatooed across my chest now..very pretty, lol) so just sustained bruising and sprains..the car was injured a little more than we were and had to be towed 130 miles or so back to our hometown..

I loved meeting new people at the convention on Friday night, we were all given name tags which displayed our own names and the name of a famous person/couple, my nametag was Laurel and the partner I had to try to find and speak to was Hardy...we had a lovely buffet on this first night, with music and a quiz to follow.

Saturday morning we had breakfast at Oswald's restaurant, followed by a short devotional and everybody then went to their separate groups to either explore Snowdonia, the mountain (due to bad weather nobody was allowed to actually climb Snowdonia, but I believe those who went there managed to walk around its base and saw other attractions too), visit a Slate Museum and the Electric Mountain, visit Penrhyn Castle or the Greenwood Centre/Adventure Park. Others chose to explore Welsh seaside towns or just stay on the site to relax...I did the latter as I was very tired after travelling on Friday.

Saturday night we were invited to a Dinner and Dance at which there was also a Strictly Come Dancing competition...

I thought the convention was a success, lots of people attended, and some new friendships were formed..I'm looking forward to next year when I may be wide awake enough to take part in all events offered, and to meeting some of our new friends again..

I attended this Single Adults' Convention over the weekend, here in the UK in Wales and really enjoyed myself.

I travelled down with 3 other members/investigators from my local ward on Friday afternoon, stayed over till Saturday night and then travelled back in the early hours of Sunday morning..

Unfortunately, on the way home, just outside of Bangor, we had to cross a ford and the car crashed into the wall at the other side!! Fortunately nobody was badly injured, we were all wearing our seatbelts (mine is tatooed across my chest now..very pretty, lol) so just sustained bruising and sprains..the car was injured a little more than we were and had to be towed 130 miles or so back to our hometown..

I loved meeting new people at the convention on Friday night, we were all given name tags which displayed our own names and the name of a famous person/couple, my nametag was Laurel and the partner I had to try to find and speak to was Hardy...we had a lovely buffet on this first night, with music and a quiz to follow.

Saturday morning we had breakfast at Oswald's restaurant, followed by a short devotional and everybody then went to their separate groups to either explore Snowdonia, the mountain (due to bad weather nobody was allowed to actually climb Snowdonia, but I believe those who went there managed to walk around its base and saw other attractions too), visit a Slate Museum and the Electric Mountain, visit Penrhyn Castle or the Greenwood Centre/Adventure Park. Others chose to explore Welsh seaside towns or just stay on the site to relax...I did the latter as I was very tired after travelling on Friday.

Saturday night we were invited to a Dinner and Dance at which there was also a Strictly Come Dancing competition...

I thought the convention was a success, lots of people attended, and some new friendships were formed..I'm looking forward to next year when I may be wide awake enough to take part in all events offered, and to meeting some of our new friends again..

you answered my question from your other post when I asked how you were doing.....glad to hear no one was seriously hurt from the accident you mentioned.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Puska!! (is that Russian it sounds Russian)?

Lovely to meet another UK YSA here!! I was gutted I didn't get to the convention this year! I've been hearing all kinds of stories from my friends here in Leeds and sounds like they had an amazing time!! And as for the car looks as though an angel was watching over you all =)

Hi Skywishes, great to hear from you too!! The convention was very good, but I was too tired to go on any of the excursions on Saturday afternoon, the weather was atrocious too so I took the easy option and stayed in bed, lol!

So you're from Leeds, that's not too difficult to reach from where I'm living..Nelson, next door to Burnley, Lancashire, would a get together be out of the question? Maybe at one of the Multi Stake events again? I'd love to be able to meet all the UK peeps on this site, I'm envious of those people from the States who get together pretty frequently