Understanding the Book of Mormon

LDSgirl

I just ran across this website that has the BOM summarized in plain modern English. It's not meant to be a replacement for the BOM, but instead to be used as a companion to it!

If you are having trouble reading and understanding the BOM......then you might find this plain, modern English form a little easier to understand. You can check it out with the link below! :)

THE BOOK OF MORMON - PLAIN - 1 Nephi

I just ran across this website that has the BOM summarized in plain modern English. It's not meant to be a replacement for the BOM, but instead to be used as a companion to it!

If you are having trouble reading and understanding the BOM......then you might find this plain, modern English form a little easier to understand. You can check it out with the link below! :)

THE BOOK OF MORMON - PLAIN - 1 Nephi

Nice...there are CES Manuals online to help aid those while reading and studying the scriptures.

Nice...there are CES Manuals online to help aid those while reading and studying the scriptures.

Yes, your right! I think that the more tools and resources that are made available for a person wanting to understand "The Book of Mormon" and the LDS religion........the better off that we are!:)

I would emphasize that these are TOOLS only.

The Lord could have chosen many varied vehicles for delivering His words to us. I think the reason for the present format is so that pondering and communion with Him are required in order to receive their full meaning.

I would imagine the best course would be to try and extract as much as you can from the original, hard to understand, verse. Then go to your resources and see what they say. Then go back to the verse and see if you can see how they arrived at their conclusion.

I have found that as I mature in my understanding, the SAME verses take on new meaning. Somebody once said something to the effect, "[THEY] keep adding things to the Book of Mormon!" LOL. Obviously, it is not the words that are changing, but ourselves! Our perspective changes over time. Our spiritual needs change over time.

Great post!

I would emphasize that these are TOOLS only.

The Lord could have chosen many varied vehicles for delivering His words to us. I think the reason for the present format is so that pondering and communion with Him are required in order to receive their full meaning.

I would imagine the best course would be to try and extract as much as you can from the original, hard to understand, verse. Then go to your resources and see what they say. Then go back to the verse and see if you can see how they arrived at their conclusion.

I have found that as I mature in my understanding, the SAME verses take on new meaning. Somebody once said something to the effect, "[THEY] keep adding things to the Book of Mormon!" LOL. Obviously, it is not the words that are changing, but ourselves! Our perspective changes over time. Our spiritual needs change over time.

Great post!

Have to go along with you on this tom, and also would one not have to " further translate" these scriptures in order to put them into "plain English" i think this would be frowned on by our church leaders if so.