The best side dish, to go with....

PinkCow

you know, any time it calls for tuna you can use chicken instead. I"m not a tuna fan either...............Shepherd's Pie sounds good. How about a fruit salad with it? You can use some cool whip and cream cheese and mixed fruit.

Have you ever made funeral potatoes for a side dish?? They do that a lot here in Mormonland. There are quite a few versions on the internet and everyone likes them.

We are having a family luau later this fall and that will be one of the dishes I"ll make!

Have fun with your dinner Dana!!

Hidden

If you do the tuna casserole, I would recommend some steamed or sauteed vegetables on the side. If you go with the Mexican style casserole, a good Mexican rice would do it, and maybe some cornbread. If you do shepherd's pie, you don't really need a side dish. A shepherd's pie is a one-dish meal: potatoes, meat, veggies, gravy. Stick with the salad, and maybe some kind of bread.

Tuna casserole: the fruit salad idea is good. Also maybe some steamed or sauteed vegetables.

Fiesta casserole: Mexican rice and some cornbread (I've got good recipes for both)

Shepherd's pie: this is a complete one-dish meal on its own. It's got the meat, the potatoes, and the veggies. Keep the green salad, and maybe do some kind of bread with it. The fruit salad would also still work.